Zagreb Airport Question

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zagreb Airport Question

Planning a trip to Croatia this fall. Will come in to Zagreb a day early. Can someone tell me options for getting in to the city from the airport--bus, train, etc. We will meet our tour at the Sheraton Zagreb Hotel. Thanks for any information. Ciao!!mhm
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 08:23 AM
nbujic

there is a bus ( no trains) from the airport to the city but I am not sure how long you'll have to wait for it. The best way is to take a cab to your hotel .

Old Jan 6th, 2007, 08:48 AM

The Croatia Airlines bus leaves every 1/2 hour from in front of the terminal. You don't have to be a Croatia passenger to ride it. It will drop you at the main bus terminal from where you can easily catch a tram to wherever you are going. As I recall, I paid the driver.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 06:11 PM

When I flew to Zagreb, my guidebook said that the bus would drop me off in town but I ended up at the main bus stop. The main bus stop is not in town. I then had to figure out how to buy a tram ticket and how to get in town. There were some language problems. I bought my tram ticket at a news stand. It was confusing stamping the tram ticket when I was on the tram. I was expecting to get a date and time stamped on the ticket when I put it in the ticket stamper but instead you press down on the ticket stamper and it cuts a mark on the ticket. Zagreb airport is not very big. There was an ATM machine in the arrivals area.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 07:30 AM

Denis:
It sounds to me like you had a bad guidebook. The one I used told me, for example, that the bus station "is a few long blocks southeast of the main train station," that a tram ticket can be purchased either at a kiosk or from the driver and that the #6 tram is the one to take to the main square.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

jeff001: Perhaps you would mention the name of your guidebook. We are staying at the Sheraton Zagreb--meeting a tour--and I have not had time yet to figure out where it is located. Since we don't go until Sept, I will have time to do some searching. But, the helpful answers from posters usually makes one's search easier. Ciao! mhm
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 12:12 PM

Mercy:
I used the Rick Steves Best of Eastern
Europe 2006. I found a link to the tram map that should help you: http://www.croatiatraveller.com/Zagr...on/TramMap.htm

It looks like you can catch the #8 tram toward Mikaljevac - going to the right as you stand on the platform facing the bus station - directly to the Sheraton. To confirm this you should check with the Sheraton but it looks pretty simple.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 12:13 PM

Mercy:
I forgot to note that the main bus station is "Autobus kolodvor" on the map.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 12:19 PM

We drove from the city to the airport. The airport itself is tiny. I would either plan on taking the bus or ask the Sheraton to book a taxi/shuttle for you or provide you with a name so you can do it yourself. They should be able to provide some helpful information.

Good luck!
Tracy