Keukenhof Gardens

Search

Keukenhof Gardens

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keukenhof Gardens

We will be in Amsterdam for one day (May 15) prior to leaving on a cruise and would love to see Keukenhof Gardens. We are staying at the Marriott Renaissance. What would be the best, easiest means of transportation to the gardens? Hopefully the winter has lingered there as well as here and the flowers will still be happily in bloom!
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 10:47 AM

You are lucky1 Keukenhof closes on May 16th this year.
This does mean that the displays may not be at their best, but it should still be open. If the weather warms up considerably over the next week or so there is a small chance it will close earlier than scheduled.

The easiest way to get there is to take the train to Schiphol and then the special Keukenhof bus to the gardens.
All the details are on the website - www.keukenhof.nl. Keep checking the site for the status of the flowers.
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 11:04 AM

I plan to visit Keukenhof this month.

When I go to www.keukenhof.nl, there is an option to buy tickets. The site mentions a ticket line. I am visiting there on a Saturday. Is this a very long line like Versailles or is it more of a small annoyance?

Since I also need to buy a bus ticket, I still need to stop by at a Schiphol ticket office at which I believe I can also buy the Keukenhof ticket. So I am trying to figure out if I need to buy bus tickets anyway, what benefits do buying the Keukenhof ticket online provide. Even if I buy the €21 package that includes bus, do I still need to pick up electronic tickets somewhere that can be processed by the proximity ticket machines on the bus?
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 12:52 PM

If you buy the combi ticket - so bus and entrance - online you do not need to buy a ticket for the bus - your e-ticket is also your bus ticket as far as I understand it.

You can also get the bus from Leidseplein, and change at Schiphol. The combi ticket then costs €25.

You can buy the combi ticket at the VVV at Centraal Station or Leidseplein if you prefer.
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!! I know we are cutting it close, but better to see it waning than not at all......I hope the weather remains cool(at least until we get there!)