Reload this Page >

Your best picks for A'dam, Prague, Venice honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:52 PM
Gina

We've coordinated the hotels, the transatlantic flights, and the intercity travel. Now, we're trying to figure out the don't-miss jewels for a honeymoon trip that encompasses Amsterdam, Prague, and Venice--four days/nights in each, late May of 2003.<BR><BR>We've both been to A'dam and Venice before (separately), and can't wait to return together. I spent more time in both cities than my fiance did, but it wasn't remotely enough. And of course, being in Venice, that most romantic of cities, without someone to be romantic *with*...well, I swore I'd return on my honeymoon. Neither of us has been to Prague.<BR><BR>So, lovers of one or more of these cities (or just plain lovers)--what would you do, what would you not miss, if you wanted the most memorable and romantic four days in each of them? Oh, and by the way, has anyone has the opportunity to check out the new Riverside Hotel in Prague? It's one of the latest in the Small Luxury group, and since word has it the Four Seasons won't reopen until summer, looks like a good alternative. <BR><BR>Thanks for all your perfect places, dinners, late-night drinks, and experiences.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:12 AM
Gina

Anybody?

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 10:41 AM
jason

Anything for honeymooners. I always recommend the Palffy Palac restaurant for the intimate dinner for two in good company or Kogo at the back of Slovensky dum (the slovak house) for eating outside in the summer. Most people will have a browse through the webpage at http://www.jasoncholt.com/prague/index.html and mail me if there's any questions. Always happy to help and you seem to have enough time to get it all worked out.<BR><BR>Jason

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Melissa

We were in Venice this last May &amp; stayed at the Stella Edel Weiss hotel close by the train station. The hotel was beautiful - all white gilded furniture with a venitian glass chandlier in the lobby. I would highly recommend it. <BR><BR>Melissa

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Ned

<BR><BR>To the top for Gina.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Gyorgy

<BR>Four romantic, memorable days in Amsterdam would include some of these:<BR><BR>1. Dinner at Garlic Queen, and De Roode Leeuw<BR>2. Canal boat ride at night<BR>3. Bars: 't Smalle, De Tuin, Het Elfde Gebod, Lokaal 't Loosje<BR>4. Cafe/chocolatier: Puccini<BR>5. The Sex Museum<BR>6. The Van Gogh Museum<BR>7. Strolling the canals (a lot)<BR>8. Chocolates from Puccini, and Jordino<BR>9. Strolling in the Jordaan<BR>10. View from Metz &amp; Co cafe (good cakes)<BR>11. Coffeeshops: Stix, Siberie, Dutch Flowers, Paradox<BR>12. Flowers for your room from the flower market on the Singel<BR>13. A ballet at the Muziektheater<BR>14. Strolling in the Vondelpark<BR><BR>Have a great time when it comes round. What great choices for honeymoon locations; I couldn't have chosen better. Perfect!<BR>

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Linda

The most romantic place is the Charles Bridge at night in Prague. Wandering through the palace with the outstanding chapel is nice. The architecture there is great because it was not bombed in WWII. The Opera House has been renovated and is nice. The food is excellent and try the beckrovka (not spelled right but it is a liquor)--definitely will warm things up.