Reload this Page >

Prague and Venice

Search

Prague and Venice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:53 AM
Dan

Prague and Venice

We will be visiting Prague and Venice for the first time this summer. Notwithstanding the obvious differences, we note a number of remarkable similarities between the cities. Both are cities with rich histories, their physical structures were untouched by World War II, they are cities for walking and getting lost down charming, winding steets and alleys, they both have famous Astronomical or Astrological clocks in thier main town square/ piazza, both have a major sight (Charles Bridge, Piazza St. Marks) which is said to be overrun by tourists, but the advice is to try to visit early or late. Any others similarities worthy of comment?

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:12 PM
Dan

Hello? Is anybody there? If you have ever been to both Prague and Venice and have any thoughts on the similarities (or contrasts), please let's hear from you. There are too many cold days until my trip in July. Many thanks!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:50 PM
Jim Tardio

I understand what you're saying, but they aren't really that similar at all. To start, Prague has a lot of cars. Obviously, Venice has none. Prague is on a river, Venice is on the ocean (well, actually a lagoon).<BR><BR>Prague is wonderful (great beer!), but, in my opinion, Venice has a magic unlike any other city in the world. It's like visiting another planet. You'll no doubt enjoy both cities.<BR><BR>I have plenty of photos of both cities. If you'd like to see them, email me and I'll send you the link.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:01 PM
Dan

Thanks, Jim. Any others?

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:54 PM
Richard

ttt<BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:29 PM
bill

I guess you can name just about any two cities in Europe and come up with a list of similarities. But Prague and Venice are still two very, very different experiences.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:12 PM
lynn

I just got back from 6 nights in Prague and 4 in Venice. I must say, they are VERY different.<BR><BR>I enjoyed seeing Venice and would go back but I preferred Prague.