Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anybody familiar with the Trianon Palace, A Westin Hotel in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 12:50 PM
jules

My Fiance has booked at this hotel for our honeymoon in April. IS is a hit or miss?

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 01:28 PM
JBX

~<BR>http://www.parisby.com/trianonpalace/<BR><BR>It describes itself as a 5-star hotel, so that certainly puts itself in the hit category. However, it is located OUTSIDE the actual city of Paris, close by Versailles. And although it does look lovely, I'd perhaps only stay there for a couple nights and then move to a hotel in the city itself.<BR>

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Christina

That hotel has two parts, one nicer than the other (I think the one called Pavillon is the lesser one). If you weren't aware that it isn't in Paris and didn't intend to stay out in Versailles, I'd suggest you cancel that reservation because it's about 10 miles from Paris. <BR><BR>If you do want to stay in Versailles, that's a famous hotel and should be an experience. A lot of famous people have stayed there and it's the most expensive hotel in that area.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Christina

I didn't mean the Pavillon part of it is a dump, it's an expensive hotel any way you look at it, but those rooms are cheaper.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Andre

Stayed there (in the cheaper wing) just after it opened (must be about 10 years ago) - wasn't yet run by Westin.<BR><BR>It was just OK, very good restaurant (Les Trois Marches) in the main building though. Perhaps the rooms in the main building are much nicer. You can borrow bikes to go through the far reaches of the Chateau de Versailles park, which is nice.<BR><BR>As previous posters have said, THIS HOTEL IS NOT IN PARIS, it's in VERSAILLES. It would take you over an hour to get from the hotel to central Paris!<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre