Search

Your best meal.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your best meal.

This is strictly for pleasure. Please recount your best meal during any of your travels. The food. The wine. The atmosphere. The weather. Anything that made that meal wonderful.
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 01:31 AM

Hotel Cipriani - Venice, Italy.

Dinner was in celebration of our ten year wedding anniversary, after renewing our vows on a gondola. The boat ride to the hotel, the staff, the food, the wine, the atmosphere, the view....all perfection.
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 03:57 AM
AllyPally

My favourite sort of question!

Oliviera restaurant in old Nice in August. I was with the love of my life. We drank only rosé from pitchers. We ate beef carpaccio, tuna tartare with plenty of fresh vegetables and lashings of olive oil. I cannot praise the owner and chef, Nadim, enough. He welcomed us as if we were old friends. He resigned away a career in merchant banking in order to pursue his love: olive oil. He allowed us generous samples from his stock. We took 3 hours to finish! We still talk about it and can't wait to go back next summer..

Old Nov 28th, 2003, 04:06 AM

Outdoor meal at the Mas de Bournissac near Noves in Provence. Wonderful food, wine, service, ambience. This is also an auberge with great views.

One caution. In July I was told it had changed hands. Probably still worth a visit.
Old Nov 28th, 2003, 05:35 AM

my husband and I were visiting a friend who lived in St. Albans at the time. He took us to a village a few miles from there to a pub called The Tin Pot. Fresh fish dishes were the standout and all this is a wonderful, low ceilinged, timbered pub from the 15th century.
One more from that trip--we visited a friend who lived in the country a few miles from Lemington Spa. She served us cod poached in milk and fresh root veg from her garden (carrots and parsnips) My husband still talks about that meal and how fresh it all tasted.