Search

Barbados restaurants?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barbados restaurants?

Hi,
We're leaving for Barbados in just over a week hope to find some good restaurants to try. We'll probably have one nice expensive meal out (The Cliff?) and then hopefully the rest more moderately priced. We're staying in the St. Lawrence Gap area, but are certainly fine exploring the island for good food! Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Kelly
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 06:17 PM

Carambola is still open, more romantic, less hectic than the Cliff.
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 12:08 PM

The Cliff is still one of my favorite restaurants I have been to in the world (and we have dined at the best of the best in NYC and Paris, etc.) The setting on the water is just gorgeous and we had great food. We also liked Lone Star (still expensive, but perhaps a little less so than The Cliff).
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 04:24 AM

Both Carambola and The Cliff are wonderful suggestions.

But, you are staying in St. Lawrence Gap and you have one of the hot new restaurants (compares to The Cliff) to try.

Check out The Restaurant At Southsea. Here's a link -- it should be perfect for you:

http://www.therestaurantatsouthsea.com/
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:33 PM

I just came back from Barbados last week. What a great time! Ask Lois for her tip sheet. She is SO on the money! The Restaurant at SouthSea was AMAZING!!! The service was impectable as well as the food! I must say that was our favorite restaurant. Then of course, The Cliff. The Chef, Paul Owens came over to speak to us. Wonderful creations of food.

Carambola is another must try since it will sonn be turned into luxury condos. This place also turned up creative and delicious meals.

THE WORST - CALABAZA. Although it is beautiful, and the food was ok, terrible service and our food was not even warm. We were sat at 8 pm, they took our bottle of wine order, then someone else came to take the order. We ordered our appitizers and dinners. Within 5 minutes, our app. came. No wine yet. Then, since every staff memeber was no where to be found, my husband got up to find someone to get the wine. A woman came over and gave us the wine list because she said we NEVER ordered the wine! HA! SO again, we ordered the same bottle of wine, and within 10 minutes now, our dinners arrived. I refused to eat my dinner until our wine came. ( I know this is silly, but for the price you pay here, you MUST do something!) To make this super long story short, the restaurant was NOT accomodating, blamed us for their mistakes. Claiming we must have said the wine too fast!?? We live in Manhattan, NY...and I know we ordered wine. SO I STRONGLY URGE YOU NOT TO VISIT this place! We were in and out of the restuarnt in 50 minutes....and spent $ 160.00 US

Anyhow, I also think you should start emailing these restaurants for reservations as Lois suggests. Some restaurants we had to wait until 9:30!

Well, I hope you have a wonderful vacation!
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:54 PM

Glad to hear you were happy with my restaurant suggestions.

Sorry to hear about Calabaza as we've always had excellent food and service. Sometimes things change quickly, though and I'll definitely check it out when I'm there again later in the year.

Lois