Reload this Page >

Yarn shops in Helsinki?

Search

Yarn shops in Helsinki?

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2002, 03:03 PM
swtrkntr

Yarn shops in Helsinki?

I have only a short time in Helsinki and would like to find a yarn shop close to the center of town. Anyone have any ideas other than Stockman's?

Old May 7th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Katja

It is very odd, but there is only one reasonable shop for yarn in Helsinki. Fortunately it is located right in the center. The shop is called Menita and they have all kinds of yarns (for knitting, embroidery, cross stiching etc.). The address is Korkeavuorenkatu 20. It is right next to a beautiful church called Johanneksen kirkko (St. John´s church). They are open from 9.15AM to 5.30Pm in weekdays and 9.15AM to 3PM in Saturdays.<BR><BR>You can see it on a map from this link:<BR>http://kartta.hel.fi/kktesti/osoitehakuen/defaultIE_NS.asp<BR>Just write the street name to the box in the upper left corner.<BR><BR>By the way, I don´t think you can get any kinds of yarn in Stockmann´s nowadays

Old May 12th, 2002, 01:42 PM
swtrkntr

Thanks! Woolworks only listed Stockman's and the City Market. Sounds as if the web site is outdated. I appreciate your help. I couldn't imagine the city without at least one good yarn store.

Old May 12th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Benita

If you have time, you may also want to check out the SOKOS Dept. store located on Mannerheimintie 9. I know they used to carry some yarn, but not sure if that's still the case.<BR><BR>Benita

Old May 13th, 2002, 03:50 PM
swtrkntr

Another thanks. I may come home with yarn yet!