Reload this Page >

www.Easycar.com rentals?

Search

www.Easycar.com rentals?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 06:38 AM
kh

www.Easycar.com rentals?

Has anyone ever rented one of the little Mercedes A-class cars from these folks? Their rates and business policies seem wonderful. Thanks!

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 06:57 AM
mark

Dear KH<BR><BR>I regularly use easycar & have never had any real problems .<BR>One word of advice , when you pick the car up check & note down every little scratch , bump , mark etc no matter how trivial you think it may be .<BR>They have been known to charge people for blemishes caused by previous drivers.<BR><BR>Oh and if you book your car for say 12pm do not turn up at 11.45am expecting them to give you the car early, there computer system does not "allow" them to release the vehicle in advance.<BR>The class A vehicles are very nice to drive , air con , all electrics , lots of gadgets & buttons to press , diesel , stereo etc<BR><BR>happy driving & book well in advance for cheaper tarifs<BR><BR>Mark<BR>Parishuttle

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 02:28 PM
wendy

KH~<BR><BR>I've used them quite often and have never had a problem...the cars are so easy to drive and have all the fantastic features that Mark mentioned...<BR><BR>The *only* thing that is a bit *obvious* is the orange metallic www.easycar.com advertising stripe along the door. At first I was a bit put off, but there are so many of them most people are used to them.<BR><BR>Best,<BR>~Wendy~

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Rex

I guess they are off to a good start in their business, but I am surprised by how few locations, none at CDG, etc.<BR><BR>I might have ben willing to give them a try on an upcoming trip, but we plan to leave directly from CDG now, headed towards Brittany.<BR><BR>Haven they gotten much press in europe? Especially concerning their business model/explansion plans?<BR><BR>Would be very interested if they represent more than a fraction of a percent of Europe car rental business.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Just

Rex,<BR>Get off your high horse. That company was and will be around before you were around and after you disappear from this site.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:11 PM
janis

A lot depends on how much driving you plan to do. if you are driving just a few miles a day they are terrific and a bargain. BUT be aware that they do not rent on an unlimited mileage basis. The mileage fees REALLY add up fast if you are driving very far.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Rex

Thanks, Janis. I saw some kind of publicity about them earlier this year -- I think maybe it was in an Ed Perkins column. And it seemed like a lot of splash largely because they were the newest kids on the block.<BR><BR>I am getting a better grasp now on their marketing approach - - cheap for those whose needs are least demanding on the asset they are seeking to "sell".<BR>

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Rex

Here's that Ed Perkins columns I read.<BR><BR>http://www.smarterliving.com/columns/ed/column.php?id=2631<BR><BR>I am sometimes amazed by the internet. Hardly any reason to keep and file anything anymore!<BR>

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 09:36 PM
mark

Janis is correct I forgot to mention that you are allowed 100km free per day.I think its about 1 franc a km after that.<BR><BR>regards <BR><BR>mark<BR>parishuttle

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 04:28 AM
wendy

Yes, I too should clarify...I use their cars in Paris, once driving to the Loire Valley for the day with a client for a picnic...<BR><BR>I am used to driving in Paris, so the location is convenient if you are IN Paris and don't mind driving out of the city from the center... if you aren't comfortable driving in Paris, a location at the airport would be a great rental office.<BR><BR>Wendy

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 06:08 AM
kh

Thanks ya'll......Will try them next spring in Manchester....Bye!

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 09:29 PM
up

up<BR>

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:45 AM
fran powers

Does anyone know if these cars can be had in Nice with auto transmission?