Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

would like to know about the area around kings cross staying at thisle islington

Search

would like to know about the area around kings cross staying at thisle islington

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 07:14 AM
TOWERMAN

title just about says it all anybody been there.....and what is area like thank you

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 07:19 AM
karl

The area can be a bit seedy but you should be ok

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 08:41 AM
John

Crummy neighborhood IMO.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 09:49 AM
ron

It is a crumby neighbourhood, but that is probably why it is cheaper than other, better located Thistles. It is also downright misleading by Thistle to suggest that the hotel is located in Islington--- but Finsbury doesn’t have quite the same cachet, does it?.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 11:24 AM
janis

Wouldn't stay there for love nor money. the hotel isn't bad - but the area is VERY spotty. Some streets are fine and others are 'orrible.<BR><BR>You can stay just as cheaply in a much better area - almost ANY area.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 11:38 PM
xxx

Isn't this the area where prostitution and druggies are rampant, right by the tube station. I seem to remember reading it this...I could be wrong, any locals care to clarify?

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:48 AM
Sonia

My boyfriend stayed here last week. He had his credit card stolen from his room and there was &pound;400 spent on it the same day.<BR><BR>I wouldn't recommend it...

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 08:55 AM
julie

It's a truly grim area. Check the Thistle group's website - they have some good offers in other parts of town. Also, it's not really Islington.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 10:10 AM
david west

Its as rough as ten bears.<BR><BR>Avoid if possible would be my advice. It isn't smack bang in the middle of the drug/sex market but it's within 5 minutes walk.