Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

World Cup Tickets- Who knows the best website?

Old Mar 6th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys,
We are travelling to Germany for the World Cup and have not bought our tickets yet as we want a reliable website that is a decent price. Anyone know of any package deals.
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 08:47 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You are much too late, friend.

Tickets went on sale a year ago through the official FIFA site and there have been a few subsequent sales windows. Unless you hook into a tour that already has some your only hope is to try and by some from scalpers and that carries a big risk. The tickets will all be encoded with the ticketholders personal information - passport, or national identity card - and all patrons are subject to identification checks upon entering the stadium. If you can't produce official identification to match what is on the ticket, you will not be allowed in.

Maybe worth the risk for you, but not for me at the prices the scalpers are going to be asking. I am afraid that many uninformed people are going to be very disappointed.

Old Mar 7th, 2006, 10:18 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TTT -- wake-up call for a friend...
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 05:06 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The other posters are correct. The tickets are long gone unless you are willing to pay an arm and a leg and still I don't think any of the tickets left are that reliable.

I would just visit the cities that your team is playing it will be just as exciting. The bars are where most of the people will be anyway!
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 05:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My word to the wise - For any major event (olympics, Wimbledon, World Cup, International Tattoo, etc) I always get my event tickets nailed down before I worry about things like air, rooms and so on. Otherwise one may end up like the OP. A trip arranged and no place to go . . . .
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 01:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I believe razorgator.com has tickets. I read about it in the Wall Street Journal. Supposedly a very credible sight but you will end up paying more than double the cost of the ticets. As for Wimbledon and US open, those are actually far easier to get into than the World Cup. Wimbledon's return and resale tickets policy for when it rains, is an awesome deal!
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 01:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I meant "site" not "sight" !
Good Luck! I agree, the atmosphere should be electrifying even in a local pub.