Winter Wonderland in Neuschwanstein Castle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2018, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In search of a winter fairy tale, that's how I would call our surprise trip.

It all began just a couple of days before my birthday. When I came home, my wife said to collect my things (photographic equipment) and that is about to come for us. Who will come and where lucky I naturally did not know. As it turned out, it was the wife's friend who took us to the airport. What I found out only on arrival at the airport, because from the very house to the airport my eyes were tied. Where did I guess after a little presentation from my wife, it was a small nameplate with my given name, phone number, etc. A week or two ago, I told my wife about the new tough laws in Germany for flying on drones. They imposed strict rules and huge fines there, and it was one point that the drone must have a sign (not a sticker) with the data of the master of the unmanned vehicle.
And here begins our journey to Munich, Germany.

Upon arrival in Munich, we immediately went to the company Europcar, where the car was already reserved for us. And we went to the center of Munich, which was about 20-30km from the airport, where we had a hotel room. And the first thing after settling we went for a walk around the city and have supper. And we went straight to the most famous inn in Munich, and maybe all of Europe, Hofbräuhaus. As soon as you go into such a place, you immediately dipped into a beer-sausage flavor. There is a smell of beer, meat, sausages and there is an endless rumble from people talking and playing Bavarian musicians. Very colorful, and that's how I imagined a real Bavarian pub-tavern.
After eating real Bavarian cuisine and having drunk a couple of drunks, we went for a walk around old Munich and watch its nightly beauties.
On the second day in Munich we went to the BMW Museum and to the Olympic Park, which was just across the street from the museum. But this afternoon in the first we went to the museum, Munich, which was right next to our hotel. I will not say that I'm a big fan of museums, but this one was not much different from all the others where we were. Here a large number of exhibits could be touched and somehow interacted with them. But the museum did not make a huge impression. I would put 6 out of 10. But this museum is in good order all day, the time that we had it too little.
Next we went already in the BMW museum. It was a very interesting museum where you can touch and look at all BMW models from the very beginning of the concern to modern models. I want to say that the prices for museums are always large by the standards of the CIS, but for Europe it is quite well-established prices. If I'm not mistaken, then for BMW we paid something about 25 euros for two, plus parking in the same museums is not cheap from 5-10 euros. Approximately the same cost and the Museum of Munich.
After all the museums, the sunset began and just across the road was the Olympic Park in Munich, where there was an observation tower from which it was possible to see the whole of Munich. The view of course was beautiful. Do not describe in words, it's easier to see photos and videos for a full sense of beauty.
The third day of the trip already contained the most crucial point of our mini trip to Germany, Neuschwanstein Castle. It was one of those places where I personally always wanted to go and see. That's why my wife took me here on my birthday.
The castle from Munich was about two hours drive away. As we approached the castle, what we were so afraid of was beginning to rain. And to our regret, the rain started pouring. But it did not stop us at all to climb up to all the observation posts and look at the castle from all sides, and then also to visit it inside. Incidentally, in our opinion, it was in vain. Only if you are very fond of history, and you are interested in the very interior of Ludwig II. And the price for visiting the castle was 30 euros per person. Although the whole tour lasts no more than an hour and a half. Well, okay, here everyone will determine for himself whether or not.
As a result, we got drenched through to the next town where we already had a hotel and a warm room with radiators and warm water in the shower. It's all bits and pieces of memory by how much we froze and got wet. Then nothing interesting, dinner, bath, sleep.
This morning I started the alarm clock on earlier because the weather forecast promised dry weather and then immediately snow. I wanted to see the castle in this period. Or at least until the snow has turned into snow. To shoot it from a bird's eye view. But unfortunately, looking ahead, we could not catch this window between rain and snow, because it simply was not there. We arrived and it was already snowing as it is mountains and there is a completely different climate than below. As a result, I'm even glad that it started snowing, because we could look at it and see a winter fairytale in reality. It was the best part of our trip!
After there was a two-hour road along the German autobahns to the airport, where I did not violate the high-speed limits after our trip through Italy. And the flight home.
We will definitely return, but at another time of the year, either in a real snowy winter or in the summer. It's worth it.