Reload this Page >

Winter in Europe

Search

Winter in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Bob

Winter in Europe

I am planning an anniversary trip to Europe this winter. I am open on where to go. I have about 7-10 days. Suggestions? Thx.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 11:52 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>Europe is a big place !<BR><BR>Winter in Scandinavia is short days ( 0 hrs in the far North) and -25 C (-13F) on chilly days.<BR><BR>Southern parts have at least 20C ( 70F+) on good days.<BR><BR>What are you looking for .......... Swimming, skiing ?<BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Gaia

Which month in winter?????

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Christina

We went in late November to Italy (Rome, Florence, Pisa, & Venice). It was cold (30's-50's), but sunny, for the exception of one rainy day in Florence.<BR><BR>Although cold, I loved the less crowded winter days. It gave us more space & time to explore the museums & churches without waiting in long lines. We spent about 11 days there.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Book Chick

I was in Rome in January, and thought it was great. Sunny, beautiful days, night temps in the 30's, mostly day temps in the 50's, no rain whatsoever. And like Christina, I have been badly spoiled by not waiting in any line at any museum or attraction! Che bella! The only thing "off" about this season is the usual number of tourists you'd see and with whom you'd compete for space.<BR><BR>Happy Travels,<BR>BC

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 03:09 AM
Ruth

How about the Ice Hotel in Sweden (www.scantours.com/ice_hotel.htm)? I've not been there, but would love to for a special anniversary! It's only open in the winter, of course, as it melts in about May.