Winery Tour Suggestions in Tuscany

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2019, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I will be in Montecatini March 21. Looking for suggestions for a wine tour on Friday, Saturday or Wednesday (have plans on the other days).
We have to drive back to Milan on Wednesday March 27, so if there was one on the way that work work out.
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 09:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Rather than stopping on the way to Milan (a nearly 4-hour drive without stops), I'd spend a day in Chianti. But nearly every winery that offers tours and tastings requires reservations, and you may be a little late for organizing that. You might contact the large Antinori nel Chianti Classico and hope they reply in time. It's a bit commercial for me, but they can certainly accommodate lots of visitors and their wines are highly regarded. We enjoyed Castello di Monsanto a little farther south. Smaller, more charming and atmospheric. You could also just head to a town like Radda and do some wine tasting at an enoteca. If possible, spend as much time as possible off the autostrada and as much time as possible on SR222 and other secondary roads.