Help with accommodation in Cesky Krumlov/ Ceske Budejovice

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have booked a four day trip to Prague and Cesky Krumlov. We are taking the early morning flight to Prague from London and reach there on 16th June. We will leave for Cesky Krumlov on 18th late afternoon. Our flight back to London is from Linz at 18:25. Before booking the flight I didn't know that the biggest festival in Cesky Krumlov would fall on the weekend that we were going to be there. Though I am excited about being there during the festival...what''s killing me is the cost of accommodation.

I started looking for accommodation in Cesky Krumlov last night and was shocked to realise that every single place that I wrote to was completely booked.The only available room is at Hotel Old Inn at the exorbitant rate of 130 euros/night. Given that I have no other option I have booked it. Luckily they have a cancellation policy of 48 hours before arrival.

One of the pension owners suggested that I look at staying in Ceske Budejovice. I have checked and it is a short bus ride to Cesky Krumlov...and the first bus starts at 7:00am. This is good for us...however we were hoping to be in the town and walk around till quite late in the night. I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of how much the taxi would cost us...and can we get a taxi at about 11:30 in the night?

I would also appreciate any suggestions for places in Ceske Budejovice
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Is there anyone who has stayed in Ceske Budejovice...can you please give me an idea of how much of a difference would it make...
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I stayed in CB in preference to CK. This is what I wrote at the time (2004):

"I thought that a town of 15,000 that receives one and a half million visitors a year would be far too touristy. I was right, while Ceske Budejovice also hosted plenty of tourists, its main square, completely surrounded by photo-worthy buildings, was big enough to absorb the crowds, while Ceske Krumlov was overwhelmed."

I stayed at the Hotel Bohemia - http://www.bohemiacb.cz/ - note that there's another castle (don't have the name handy) near CB that's worth seeing.
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot thursdaysd...this is really helpful. Would you by chance know the cost for a taxi fare from CB to CK? The prices for hotel bohemia look great...I have written to them to ask for availability...
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Can you please also give a link to your trip report...when I went to your profile and looked for trip reports written by you...I could only go back till 2008...
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:48 AM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
We were in Prague for five days and Český Krumlov for one in 2008. Here's a link to my trip report with photos (Chapter one through three cover Prague and Český Krumlov). If you stay in Český Krumlov (we absolutely loved it and wished we had another day there), be sure to hit the restaurant where we had dinner underneath the town (Pivna KataKomby). We also had a good lunch at U Dwau Marii, along the river.

http://www.travelswithmaitaitom.com/...nice_2008.html

Old May 27th, 2011, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rajshiv - the TR you want is here:

http://wilhelmswords.com/rtw2004/index.html - North by North-east

Sorry, can't help with the taxi question, I took buses. Try asking the hotel.
Old May 28th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Hez

Ceske Krumlov taxi - http://www.krumlov-taxi.cz/index.php...sluzby&lang=en

It's about 30K from Ceske Krumov to Cesky Budejovice, at 1 Euro per K you're looking at about 30 Euro one way.

You can check the bus schedules for the Czech Republic at - http://jizdnirady.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusy/spojeni/ (note the English Option at the bottom right of the blue section). The latest bus departure seems to be around 10pm (22h) and takes 40 minutes, although they might have alternate schedules during festival times.

Enjoy!
Old May 28th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Hez

Oh - fyi, taxis are 24 hours.
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:28 AM

You can click on my name to read my trip report from August 2009. We stayed at Zlaty Andel in CK, but I assume it is booked when you are there. There is a beautiful castle we stopped at along the way from Prague to CK but I don't remember the name; it's in my report; somethinglike Hluboka, it's worth the stop. I also second having dinner at Pivna Katacomby. We ate there at Maitaitom's recommendation & it was one of our favorite meals.