Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at the U zlate studny in Prague?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Molly

I've heard it is on a busy street, which would not be good for us.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Terry

I've heard it is nice but that was it.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Christina

No, I haven't but from looking up info on the web, it is confusingly listed as being in two different locations -- some sites say it is in Mala Strana near the Castle, which would not be that busy, even the main streets. Others say it is on Karlova near the bridge which is the busiest location in Prague with teems of tourists outside the door and very narrow streets. I think you would hate it (I would--in fact, I was thinking of staying there because I'd read good reviews and they had a nice web site but a friend of mine who lived in Prague a year told me that would be awful and I would hate it--when I got there, I went by the hotel and he was right).<BR><BR>There is another hotel on Karlova with a similar name, U Zlate Stromu perhaps? I can't recall which one I was considering but it was the one on Karlova. In any case, get clear on what street it is on -- if it is at 3-6 Karlova, you should keep looking, is my advice.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Molly

Thanks for the information Christina. I will certainly check that out.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:06 PM
ajs

Molly,<BR><BR>I was just in Prague, and looked in to that hotel, as a friend had stayed there and enjoyed it. It is literally in the middle of wall to wall tourists on foot in the narrow streets. There is another hotel U Zlate Studne (one letter difference) that is up near the castle. Much more expensive, and I would never stay up near the castle and have to walk up that hill every day. I would highly recommend the Metamorphis, loved everything about it. Check it out.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Ben Haines

The In Your Pocket web site at http://www.inyourpocket.com/cr/pragu...&page_index=40 lists U Zlate Studne and dozens more Prague hotels, with notes. <BR><BR><BR>Ben Haines