Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Will we find a laundromat in St Remy and in Domme?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are beginning to prepack for our France trip in 3 weeks. What we take is based on the availablility of laundry facilities. Will we easily find a laundromat close to Le Mas des Carassins in St Remy? L'Esplanade in Domme? Thanks.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 04:42 PM

A Lonely Planet guide book on France would have this information. Also, you could post this question on the LP forum, Thorn Tree if you don't want to buy the book.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 05:06 PM

I'm pretty sure there is no laundromat in Domme, but I think I remember seeing one in Cenac - just below Domme. It was on the east side of the main road in Cenac - just a block or so north or south of the road to Domme. It may not be a self-laundromat, however. There is definatly one in Sarlat. As you enter the old section from the south, turn right & circle counterclockwise. About 120 degrees around the circle, look for a pedestrian street to your left, and some parking places to the right - I think it's in an open area where a few roads come together. We used it once in '97, and I think we saw it again when we were there this past Sept.

Stu Dudley

Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 05:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Stu. That solves half the problem. There must be something in or around St Remy.
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 08:12 AM

Yes, there is a laundromat in St. Remy...there is also the equivalent of a "fluff and fold" laundry near the Intermarche in St Remy - you drop it off in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon. I have a friend who uses it all the time - if you'd like the exact address I can call her and ask.

Patricia
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Patricia. Last year we had considerable trouble finding one near Ribeauville.
If you are talking to her and happen to think of it, that would be great. Otherwise, knowing there is one, I am sure we can find it
[email protected]
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 12:53 PM

I doubt that there is a laundromat in Domme.There are two in Sarlat. One is on Place de la Bouquerie - just go up the rue de Fenelon from the Hotel de Ville (own hall) till you get to the Hotel Couleuvrine. It's directly opposite. Second is at the top of ave Gambetta, the northern extension of the main street in Sarlat. Walk up past the Hotel Madeleine, and where the road splits, you'll find it on the left. Just across the street from Bistro de l'Octroi, probably the best restaurant in town.
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Carlux - Thank you. I am sure we can find it with those directions and it sounds like there may be a cafe nearby to have a glass of wine while we wait.
Old Apr 8th, 2006, 03:54 AM

No no ....there is ABSOLUTELY a laundromat just at the bottom of road going up to Domme, in Cenac. As you arrive at the bottom of the hill, coming down from Domme, you will turn right on Cenac's main street, and just a few buildings down the street, on your right, is the laundromat, run by a lovely English family. You may spend your time there, doing your laundry yourself, or you can leave your laundry with them and they'll do it for you...at no extra charge! They also have a great lending (or trade) library of used books for your vacation reading. They're open seven days a week (closed Sunday afternoons), and do NOT close at lunchtime, unlike many other businesses.