Wiesbaden, Mainz, or Frankfurt?

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 10:23 AM
travelingal

Wiesbaden, Mainz, or Frankfurt?

I'm leaving for a trip in less than a week and still don't know where to stay the last three days of the trip!
I am traveling by train so don't have a lot of flexability when it comes day trips or staying in more out of the way places...

Any help whatsoever would be wonderful!

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Sue

Wiesbadan has the worst train connections of the 3. Will have to go Mainz or Frankfort airport (communter train with many stops) to make connections on Eurail.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 01:23 PM
notsure

That's a shame about the trains in Wiesbaden...the most worthwhile of the 3 places to stay for that amount of time and you're limited by trains.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:23 AM
topper!

ttt!!!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Julie

I will be staying in Mainz this summer - anyone know what the area around the central train station is like?

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Art

There used to be a commuter train from Frankfurt to Wiesbaden. Is it no longer there. I used to commute from Frankfurt to Mainz Kastel with the last stop in Wiesbaden. I would pick Wiesbaden to stay in although is Mainz is interesting with a night life.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 10:24 AM
David McCahan

Wiesbaden would be my first choice always, not least because I lived there many years ago.

If the train service has diminished in the past couple of years (last time I looked it was quite good), consider this: train service between Wiesbaden and the Rhein-Main Flughafen (the Frankfurt Airport) is excellent and service between the Flughafen and downtown Frankfurt is even better. So, if you didn't mind changing at the Flughafen to get between the two cities, you might have some excellent options.