Reload this Page >

Need Suggestions on Tour Guides in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:59 AM
roland

We are traveling to France for the first time in August. We are only spending two and one-half days in Paris and would like to see as many of the sights as possible in that short amount of time. Therefore, we would like to take an organized tour of the City during one of those days. Any recommendations?

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 09:46 AM
Peg

Contact Michael at [email protected]. He is a fabulous tour guide, will take you to see whatever is of interest to you, and it will soon seem like you are touring Paris with a friend of the family. I think he charges $75 a day (don't quote me, things change)and it is well worth it! Have a great trip!

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 04:42 PM
Barb

I absolutely agree with Peg! I contacted Michael Osman for my trip to Paris(just returned Thursday); he was booked, but arranged to have an associate work with us.<BR><BR>We traveled with Scott Emerson for three days, and covered most of my must-see list. My brother is in a wheelchair, which GREATLY complicates things, as Paris is not very wheelchair accessible.<BR><BR>Michael met up with us to be sure everything went smoothly; I can't say enough about my great experience. Do contact Michael for help on a whirlwind visit, you'll be glad you did. Feel free to e-mail me if you have other questions. Barb

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 02:52 AM
Yvette

Hi,<BR>I would suggest that you contact Discover Paris! (www.discoverparis.net). They have a unique service where they offer a kind of “made-to-order” self-guided walking itinerary based on your interests and travel objectives that permits you to see Paris at your own pace. They are offering a special right now - $250 for two days of itinerary planning, including restaurant recommendations. They can also arrange a half-day tour of Paris by car with an English-speaking driver. They’ve gotten very good reviews in the travel magazine International Travel News. You should contact them soon though – they require several weeks notice to prepare your customized travel plan.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:01 PM
Susan

My family and I just returned from a trip to Paris two weeks ago. We used Micheal as well and were very pleased with his services. He spent one day with us and we were able to see much more than we would have been able to accomplish on our own. He knows the metro, which is an experience in itself and can elaborate on the sites with information which makes it alot more interesting.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 05:18 AM
Joanie

My husband and I recently returned from our first visit to Paris. Michael Osman was our tour guide. [email protected] He really made our visit pleasant. Very knowledgeable on art and history. He is very friendly; an all around nice guy. I highly recommend him. You won't be disappointed.<BR>

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Tony

I know the best tourist guide for Paris !<BR>His name IS Michael Osman, I have also used his services and he was Excelent.<BR>Can not say enough good things about him; he is Knowledgeable about Paris as far as History and Culture goes. And he's got a very good personality, he's polite and most important he is very reasonable.<BR>Here is how to conctact him - e-mail him [email protected]<BR>www.geocities.com/parisfinder/<BR><BR>Please feel free to contact me if you need more information.<BR><BR>Enjoy Paris<BR><BR><BR>