Reload this Page >

5 day Paris itinerary wanted

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 1999, 06:47 AM
Chris

My girlfriend and I are going to Paris for 5 days in the middle of March. I have read many of the previous posts so I have a lot of ideas about I want to see. However, it is very hard to figure out how to put it all together and how long visiting each sight may take. Does anyone have a five day itinerary that he or she can suggest? <BR>

Old Feb 10th, 1999, 07:45 AM
Lee

Chris: If you email me, I will send you a copy of our Paris trip notes that contain our itinerary and as well as some other trivia that may be of use to you. <BR> <BR>Good luck on your trip! <BR>

Old Feb 10th, 1999, 08:14 AM
Lee

Chris: I've tried to email you twice and each time it was returned as an error. Do you have an alternative email address? <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR>

Old Feb 10th, 1999, 10:18 PM
Donna

Paris is, indeed, overwhelming. Most comprehensive tour guides give you a one, three, five day suggested itinerary. Better, though, is to browse through a tour guide and highlight all the sights/attractions and so forth you find most appealing. Then, on a one page map of Paris, highlight them. We were in Paris seven days on our first trip, and I'm still trying to figure out how to pack all we missed into our next (12-day) trip. So, you'll probably have to do some serious prioritizing and plan on returning. Not to worry, though. I always recommend visiting "Paristoric" first. This is a multimedia presentation at 11bis rue Scribe (just around the corner from Opera Garnier). Having seen this, you'll know what you don't want to miss, what to see if you have time, and what to skip. Shows are 9-9 on the hour. But, 9-6 in the off season (don't remember the months).

Old Feb 11th, 1999, 04:44 AM
elaine

If you do a search on "Paris itinerary" <BR>you will definitely find some previous postings and suggestions. Also, recently there was a thread about recommendations for the Paris <BR>"top ten" must sees. It was definitely within February so I'm sure you can find it. <BR>good luck, I hope you love it. <BR>

Old Feb 11th, 1999, 06:21 PM
mel

Spent five days in Paris at Xmas. Each day was pre planned before leaving home. We stayed in the Latin quarter near the Sorbonne and were in close walking distance to quite a few sights. The musuem pass is a must. E-mail me for more details.

Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would it be possible if someone would like to send me their paris itinerary as well.. i am having trouble figuring out the day to day plans
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 10:30 AM

Cali...I thought you had nailed this down?? There were quite a few suggestions...

What is your current itinerary?
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 10:38 AM

cali88 I'd be happy to provide my days in Paris with you if you would like to let me know your email address.
Ann Marie
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM

is there a way you can post it here... i don't see a button to send you a private message
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 01:21 PM

Sorry for 'sneaking' in this exchange but since I am also looking for a 5 days Paris itinerary, I wonder if I can also provide my email to some of you for your input.
Thanks a lot

Never2late
[email protected]
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 01:25 PM

We should probably try to keep these discussions public..otherwise we lose the benefit of this forum...non?
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 01:32 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
OK -- <i>HOW</i> do people even find 11 year old threads to top??????

curious minds want to know . . . . .
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 01:48 PM

Parisian archeologists...
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 05:49 PM

We should probably try to keep these discussions public..otherwise we lose the benefit of this forum...non?

Well, the itinerary I have is pages long so I don't think it would be appropriate to tack onto this thread.
Ann Marie
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 06:31 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
"<i>We should probably try to keep these discussions public..otherwise we lose the benefit of this forum...non?

Well, the itinerary I have is pages long so I don't think it would be appropriate to tack onto this thread.</i>"

Nothing would be appropriate to tack onto this thread -- it is Eleven years old fer cryin out loud . . . .

But one really good reason for keeping the communications public is . . . . Lots of folks have some really weird ideas of what's doable. And miles-long itineraries are often off base somewhere along the line. Having lots of eyes looking on at least keeps things 'real' . . . .
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 07:18 PM

And miles-long itineraries are often off base somewhere along the line. Having lots of eyes looking on at least keeps things 'real' . . . .

True. I've done it four times though and keep tuning the itinerary to make it fit my needs. It's just what works for me. I'll send it if someone wants.

I have posted a specific day here and there when people on the boards ask for specific "what to do in the Marais?" type questions. It's "miles" long because I include things like "how to use the bus system, etc...

THIS was the question I responded to. "Would it be possible if someone would like to send me their paris itinerary as well"
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 07:23 PM

"Nothing would be appropriate to tack onto this thread -- it is Eleven years old fer cryin out loud . . . ."

I responded to cali88's question that she posted today. Should she have asked her question on this thread since it is so old? Maybe not but she is a newbie who has signed up for fodors just this month so I thought rather than point out the error of posting to an old thread I would simply respond to her question.
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 01:02 AM

cali & never2old - the problem with asking for some else's 5 day Paris itinerary is that it may not be of interest to you. I'll post my 6 day itinerary below but I don't think there is anything on it that matches cali's list of things to do.

Have either of you looked at "destinations" at the top of the screen. This section gives itinerary suggestions. As do many guide books.

cali - you've already received lots of suggestions on how to organize your list of activities. I would suggest buying a Streetwise map of Paris and a packet of Post-It flags. Find the places you want to see and put a Post-It on them. A lot of the confusion will be clarified.

Adrienne's 6 day itinerary for an upcoming trip.

Day 1 (arriving from Frankfort so short day):
Dapper Museum, Opera tour

Day 2:
Orsay Museum, Quai Branly Museum, Fragonard to buy soap, St-Etienne-du-Mont church, Seine boat trip at night.

Day 3:
Pere Lachaise cemetery, Police Museum, Dancing along the Seine at night (I'll be a spectator - LOL)

Day 4:
Eiffel Tower backstage tour, Zadkine Museum, Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

Day 5:
Val-de-Grace church (hopefully for Mass)
St-Nicholas-du-Chardonnet church, St-Ephrem church, Marionette Theatre at Luxembourg Gardens, Tea at Mosque, Rue Mouffetard

Day 6:
Fontainebleau

Any open times will be spend wandering around, taking photos, visiting every church that is open, maybe taking a Paris Walks tour (waiting for new schedule), trying to fit in the Magic Museum, and the Museum of Romantic Life, and of course drinking wine in cafes.
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 01:07 AM

Oh no! I misspelled Frankfurt. I hope logos doesn't spot this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -