Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Why do some hotels take so long to respond to a fax?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:34 AM
Linda

Am planning a trip to Normandy, Paris, Riviera for next June with my son. Our agent has faxed each of the hotels with our dates and room requests; one has been very prompt, the others have yet to respond. Anyone had the same experience? Is it better to just pick up the phone and call?

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:36 AM
xxx

You can email and inquire if they rec'd the fax if they've got an email address. Or you can call; there may have been a problem with the fax line.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:42 AM
Marc David Miller

Call; I usually only fax or email to confirm details (as an interactive conversation is usually less time-consuming).

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:45 AM
elaine

possible reasons<BR>technical problems (line not working,number has changed, etc)<BR>human error (someone misplaced the incoming fax)<BR>other unknowns: the head reservation clerk is off for a day or two and he's the only one authorized to respond;<BR>they have no rooms available and don't want to spend the cost of the outgoing fax to let you know, etc etc<BR><BR>I'd call or email to double check

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:03 AM
Deb

I've found that smaller hotels will not respond to faxes if they are full on the dates requested. Always phone or email and ALWAYS phone as a follow up to confirm.