Which train Rome to Naples?

Mar 7th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Which train Rome to Naples?

Which train is best going from Rome to Naples? And what are the differences between IC+, EC and Alta Velocità?

What's the best way to get to Rome Termi from FCO?

Thanks!
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:38 PM

I bet you mean ES, not EC. All three of those offer better quality service and newer trains. I would choose based on schedule--time of truip and duration of trip.
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:45 PM
LJ

Train is your best mode of transport to Rome Termini. Train station is in airport (bit of a walk, not bad). Buy ticket on arrival. Very frequent trains. Takes about 1/2 hour.
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:08 PM

For Rome to Naples, really no difference between ES* and AV. All are highspeed, uses the same trainset and the same route, taking about 1:30.

Main difference is that the ES* trains go beyond Naples (to the south) and/or beyond Rome (to the north).

IC/IC+ trains are slower (~2:00), with different trainsets, and with a few stops between Rome and Naples.
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:09 PM

ES - Eurostar high-speed trains...on this route some of them are Alta Velocita, the newest breed of Italian high-speed trains.

ICPlus slightly slower and older but nice than ES

I recently day tripped to Naples and back on IC+ trains and they were perfectly nice and cheaper.

Leonardo Express links Rome's main airport to Termini at least twice an hour - fastest way in.