Which seat on the plane?

Old Apr 26th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which seat on the plane?

I will be flying solo to Madrid in August - have been to Europe before, but always with a traveling partner. I usually use seatguru.com to choose the window seat, so I can nap against the wall, but without someone familiar along, I am now reconsidering whether I want to be trapped two seats away from easy access to walking around or using the restrooms.

Anyone have suggestions as to whether an aisle or a window would be better under the circumstances? If it makes any difference, I'll be in coach on an Airbus A330.
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 09:20 AM

A window on the left side of the plane should provide you nice views of the countryside 10-15 minutes before landing on Barajas.
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 09:31 AM

You'll just have to decide this for yourself, you know the issues and have been on a plane before. I prefer window, but many people prefer aisle, it's personal. If you think you need to walk around a lot and go to the bathroom a lot, I imagine you would prefer aisle. I don't do a lot of either of those things.
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 09:49 AM

The choice could depend on the seat configuration. I am assuming that not all A 330s are created equal. If the configuration has two seats abreast on the sides, I think that would be my preference,

If you take the aisle seat, you are the crawlee. If you take the window, you are the crawler.

Any chance you could show up early and plead for an aisle seat??

If possible, the extra leg room mightr make the question moot.

I am sure you have noted the seats marked in red!!

Old Apr 26th, 2008, 09:53 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You are flying over night - 80% of the journey there will be nothing to see. If it is just resting your head against the wall while sleeping - get an inflatable travel pillow.

For me - on a long flight - and especially overnight - I much prefer to have an aisle seat so I can get up and walk when I want, w/o disturbing sleeping seat mates. Plus after meal service - you are trapped until all 3 trays are stowed away. Not so on the Aisle.
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 10:14 AM

Seat selection is a no-brainer for me. I'm an aisle gal, no matter how long the flight or whether I'm traveling solo or w/ someone.

An exception to my aisle preference was during a flight on a 777 in a bulkhead row on side of plane. The configuration of just 2 seats with no aisle in front, allowed me sufficient space to easily get by the person seated next to me. It really was the best of both worlds, as I had the "window" (really it was a wall) and was able to get up/move about without a problem.