Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Which Rome apartment? I'm booking today...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last time I'm going to ask for advice on this (whew, you say!).

Here are the 2 apts I've narrowed it down to and I'm going to book one of them today:

Underground Viaggi, via del Pellegrino 81
http://www.rome-apartments-for-rent....pellegrino.asp

OR

Real Rome, Coronari 2 Bedroom
http://www.realrome.com/propcoronari2bed.html

As I see it the Pellegrino apt looks to have more furniture (a plus) and is on the first floor. The Coronari apt looks "fancier", but I'm not sure I care about that. Does anybody know anymore about this apt? Or the neighborhoods? Some have suggested that Pellegrino might be a little noisy at times, but they all agree it's a great location.

THANKS A TON!
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 04:25 AM

Can only comment re. locations. First off, they are both charming, central, and convenient. Whichever you decide, you'll have made a great choice.

I don't the the Pellegrino apt. would be quite that noisy as it's 4 blocks from the Campo' dei Fiori. The street in narrow and doesn't have people "spilling out".

The Coronari would be very quiet as it's on a pedestrian only street that is mostly antique stores and such. It is very close to the restaurants on Via Governo Vecchio and the lovely Piazza Navona if you want some "not-so-quiet", however.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 04:53 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The first floor in Europe is not the ground floor. It would be the second floor in the US.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 05:30 AM

It's a hard call. The pellegrino looks great, I like the two livingrooms and the furniture...is the main bedroom in a closet on the ground floor, that could be cozy, photo's are shot with a lens that makes it look bigger than it is, so I am guessing it might be rather long and a bit darker. The coronari is a bit sparse, the front room furniture doesn't look all that comfortable, and it is on the 4 1/2 floor, so that is 5 1/2 flights of stairs. I agree they are both in a good area, if it were me, I would choose the pellegrino, but whichever you choose should be great.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everybody! I've booked Pellegrino. I will say that BOTH rental agents have been great. Wow! I almost have the big details of the trip done!
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 01:23 PM

Mind telling us how much this one rents for, since they only list low season prices on the website?
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 02:13 PM

the Coronari looks alot brighter and less crowded, I would chose that one. I love the Coronari area too, alot of good restaurants and shops. It is closed to auto traffic so it is quieter but near to everything.

The other one looks dark and dreary to me.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 02:14 PM

Ooops, I see you chose the other one, have fun!

Old Feb 18th, 2005, 02:24 PM

I think you will enjoy the apartment--I know you'll love the location. I wish I had scanned photos of that trip b/c I have some good ones of the front of the building and the bike shop next door.

And it was only noisy one night b/c there had been some huge soccer thing with teams from the UK, too. I don't think it was ordinary weekend noise.

Regardless, I hope your family loves Rome.
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Original Poster

Patrick,
He told me that the high season is only for Christmas and Easter. I paid the "low season" price.
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 05:25 AM

Wow, how unusual. I'm used to "low season" only being between midnight and 4 AM on the third Thursday of January. Then everything else is high season.
Good deal!