Which Hotel in Paris?

May 2nd, 2010, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Which Hotel in Paris?

My husband and I will be staying in Paris for six nights in May. We would like help in narrowing down our choices between the Hotel Millesime, Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint Germain, and the Hotel Dauphine Saint Germain. We would like a hotel that is centrally located and with many cafes, restaurants and stores nearby. Of course we are also interested in the quality of the hotel itself and of the rooms. We will be in a standard room. All of these hotels have similiar prices, with no breakfast included. We are hoping to get as many comments, feedback and insights as possible from people .

We have very little time left to decide. Thanks so much, in advance, for your help. .
May 2nd, 2010, 04:48 AM

I've stayed at the Millesime several times and find it's location to be perfect.It
s close to transportation and there are numerous cafes and shops nearby. It's a short walk to the d"Orsay, Louvre, Rodin, Notre Dame. There is a laundromat right around the corner on rue de Seine.The service and breakfast were excellent.
May 2nd, 2010, 04:49 AM

I just noticed you mention no breakfast is included in the rate. There is a Paul around the corner for an inexpensive breakfast and a bistro right down the street that will do a full breakfast if you want that
May 2nd, 2010, 05:19 AM

There is a Petit Belloy Hotel on 1, Rue Racine. I spent there 4 nights this Easter. It was my second stay, both were O.K. At 179 EUR per double room, including rich breakfast, small, but newly remodeled rooms, quiet, perfect location almost on St Germain and St Michel Boulevards crosspoint. Subway and RER station 100 m away. All You need (visit, eat, drink) is in walking distance.
May 2nd, 2010, 07:18 AM

Those hotels are all in the same location, they are only a few blocks apart and all in St Germain.
May 2nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
ira

Hi Luv,

You might also wish to consider the Hotel Bonaparte.

In Paris, we always stay at the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 Rue Bonaparte in the 6th. From 138E dbl w/bkfst. It is just around the corner from Place St. Sulpice, near 3 metro stops and 4 bus routes. Has AC and an elevator.

The staff speaks English well, and is very helpful. The front desk is staffed 24/7

They can arrange a shuttle pickup to/from CDG for you.

Tel 33 1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 1 46 33 57 67
[email protected]
www.hotelbonaparte.fr

For more info, enter "Hotel Bonaparte" in the "search the forum" box.

You might also find these helpful.

Paris Superthread
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34519236

100 Great Things to Do in Paris
http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...=2&tid=1277898

Degas’s Paris Walks
http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...2&tid=34712768

Kerouac’s Ethnic Walk
http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...2&tid=35095155

Jacquemart-André Museum
http://www.musee-jacquemart-andre.com/en/jacquemart/

Enjoy your visit.

May 3rd, 2010, 06:36 AM

Did you realize that the Classic Rooms at the Hotel L´Abbaye have only 12 (!) square meters. Not anough room for even one person let alone two!
May 3rd, 2010, 06:38 AM

Should read "enough" - sorry.
What about Hotel Luxembourg Parc?
May 3rd, 2010, 07:48 AM
tod

Hotel Clement, in rue Clement might still have rooms - great location. Stayed there in 2007.
May 3rd, 2010, 08:04 AM

It seems that everyone wants to stay right in the center of all the action in Paris. I've been to Paris a few times, and every time I've been there, I stayed at the Capitol Hotel (it used to be the Comfort Inn Capitol), on Rue Vialle. I can't recall which arrondisement in which it is located, but it's close to the foot of the Dupliex metro stop. It's very close to the Eiffel Tower, and the proximity to the metro makes it simple to get around Paris. There are very good restaurants nearby, not expensive, because it's primarily a residential neighborhood. The hotel rates were pretty reasonable last time I went. I think it's worth checking it out.
May 3rd, 2010, 08:19 AM

Another vote for Hotel Millesime. We have been to Paris four times always staying in the 6th. Just a few weeks ago we stayed for the second time at the Millesime in a superior room. Sorry I cannot comment on the size of the standard room. This hotel is in a excellent location and is an excellent value. We had the tete a tete package. Also, very friendly staff - excellent restaurant recommendations.
May 3rd, 2010, 11:05 AM

luvtosee, did you try Tripadvisor for reviews?
May 3rd, 2010, 12:19 PM

Can't we stick to the point . The OP asked about 3 specific hotels, let's not add any others into her already confused mind. I could recommend several more along the same street or in the same area but she asked for opinions on 3 specific hotels
May 3rd, 2010, 12:20 PM

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeal...tel-Deals.html

Just enter the hotel name in the box at the upper left.

The 3 you are considering get good ratings so I would choose on the basis of price. I stayed at the Dauphine St. Germain in 2008 and was very satisfied.

I've stayed at 4 other hotels and 2 apartments in different areas. Were I a resident my first choice to live would be the 16th near Rue de Longchamp overlooking the Bois de Boulogne
May 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everone for your input.Yes, I am aware how small the classic rooms are at the Hotel L'Abbaye,that is one of the reasons I am confused.It is rated very highly on Trip Advisor and nobody complains about the size of rooms,but it seems very small and superior rooms jump alot in price.All of these hotels are about $330 per night,no breakfast. The tete-a-tete package at the Millesime is not available during this time.

I stayed several years ago at the Victoria Palace, (got a great rate). The hotel is beautiful but I was unhappy with the location, so this time I made a lively area a priority.These three hotels seem to be in good locations, but none of them sounds like they merit the price! Sooo, I am still seeking input...it is all helpful..thanks again.I am open to any other ideas, comments, etc.
May 3rd, 2010, 02:36 PM

hi luv,

have you looked at any of the hotel search-engine sites? like hotel.com or venere?

I search by area, and then by price - that enables you to compare like with like, which is so difficult otherwise. and it sometimes throws up some [internet] offers which you might not otherwise find out about.

have a great trip,

regards, ann
May 4th, 2010, 08:56 AM

"It is rated very highly on Trip Advisor and nobody complains about the size of rooms,but it seems very small..."

You can actually see the size of the rooms on the website. The classic rooms ARE only 12 square meters. It´s on the reservation site. Click on the room you want to reserve and then on "more info".
May 4th, 2010, 01:53 PM

KarenE, I am not being flip. I don't know what twelve square meters is. To me it is 6 meters by 2, 3 by 4 or any combination that multiplies to 12. In any case, isn't that about the size of a normal US bedroom? Obviously, not a master bedroom and I would expect the bath to be additional.
May 5th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

When I did the conversion on google, 12 square meters was very, very small.Since we will be there 6 nights, it seems too small for 2 people.

Anyone else have familiarity with these hotels, or other suggestions?
May 5th, 2010, 07:02 PM

We just got back from Paris on Monday. Spent four nights at the Eiffel Seine. Across from metro "Bir Hakeim".( green line # 6) Walk to the Eiffel Tower in 5 minutes and super close for river walks. Fantastic location for the price of 148 euro, no breakfast or with breakfast add 12 euro per person. Great staff and very chic hotel. A local grocery store is a 4-5 minute walk down the street that is good for munchies, fruits, and drink. Business center access ( included ) is good for checking e mail or you can do the wifi thing with your own computer.
I booked on price line or you can email [email protected]
website is www.eiffelseine.com
Room is small but very clean and cozy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO