which country to apply visa ?

Old Jan 4th, 2018, 02:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which country to apply visa ?

hello..
already bought ticket tomgo.to europe in 6 months.

i will arrive in france, leave from zurich..
my itinerary will be 2n in france then 3n in each ned , aus and swiss,

so.. where to apply the visa ? is it france or netherlands or maybe switzerland as i will leave from there ?

i will first entry through france, but only spend shortest there..
if i apply via netherland, what is needed to show the consular ?

whats your suggestion ?
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 05:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is your citizenship?
Contact the embassy of each country you plan to visit or transit through. Only they will know their country's laws as they apply to you.
As a practical matter, your proposed itinerary will be all travel and no visit.
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 06:44 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't think you need to contact any of the embassies really. All will have pretty much the same requirements (but that may differ depending on where you are from). Are you on a going on a guided bus tour or traveling on your own? If you are traveling independently your itinerary is ver (VERY rushed) and you will spend more time on trains/planes that seeing very much.

You can apply to any of those countries -- France would be the obvious one since you arrive in Schengen there. But you are spending very little time in ANY so it really does not matter.
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 11:36 AM

I think the general rule is that you are supposed to apply to the country where you will mainly be visiting. However, in the case of a Schengen visa where you are visiting multiple countries and there is no one clear "main destination", you apply to the one you enter first. Since you are spending 3 days in most and 2 in France, I don't think any of them are your main country, so I'd apply to France.
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 01:14 PM

Assuming you need a Schengen visa due to your nationality you will need to have your itinerary set in stone, with proof you have insurance, return ticket and enough funds to support yourself before any country will give you a visa.
Look at the websites of the consulates of the countries you lane to visit and read the information about applying for a visa.
I would drop at least one of the countries from your trip, and probably two, or all you will be doing is travelling between countries and sleeping. Your current plan does not allow for travel time, either getting to Europe or between countries once here.
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 01:53 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>I would drop at least one of the countries from your trip, and probably two, or all you will be doing is travelling between countries and sleeping.
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 11:58 PM
Original Poster

thx for responses... my nationality is indinesia, so i will need visa

so france most likely where i have to apply right ?

well.. actually the dropable country is only austria, because paris and swiss is fixed in the ticket, and amsterdam is a must for me

but i really want to see hallstatt, thats my main reason to include austria..