Where to stay in London near Victoria

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband, daughter, and I will be staying in London for three nights in June near Victoria station. Can you recommend a clean, budget hotel or guest house? <BR>There are so many to choose from!<BR><BR>
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 03:09 PM

Two summers ago, I stayed at the Winchester Hotel on Belgrave. It was clean, nicely decorated and the staff were super friendly and helpful. The rooms were small, but not clausterphobic and there was no telephone in the room. It's recommended in Rick Steve's guidebook and costs about $140 a night. Full breakfast was included and it was an easy walk to Victoria station and the bus station.
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Maira

Strongly recommend the Victoria Inn off Belgrave Road, about 15 minutes walk to Victoria, about 5 minutes from Pimlico Metro station, $90/double. It appeared to be popular with families, good breakfast included, quiet, clean, loved the area. Check them out at http://www.victoriainn.co.uk/<BR><BR>Have an enjoyable time!

Old Mar 19th, 2003, 03:50 PM

Sherry, I don't know if you've seen Belgrave Road before, but the buildings are AMAZINGLY uniform. The difference comes once you get inside. You can find great digs with elevators, nicely decorated rooms and well-laid out floor plans or you can walk inside to find that things would need a LOT of TLC to make them tolerable and you're schlepping luggage up several flights of stairs. Laugh at this if you want, but I checked out several of the hotels on Belgrave and one that you might want to consider is the Holiday Inn Express. It looks just like the others from the outside, but they've done a decent job with their adaptation. You can book it online through the Six Continents site. It's worth a look, if you're planning on that area (which is a great place to base from, IMHO.)
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 03:51 PM

Oh, one more thing: Maira's suggestion for the Victoria Inn is also solid.
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 04:20 PM

Another choice is the Lime Tree Hotel on Ebury St. A nice B&amp;B with a good wine bar next door. http://www.limetreehotel.co.uk/
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 04:33 PM

<BR>Still another believe it or not is the Holiday Inn at Victoria. Got a great rate there in a typical Holiday Inn;pool,hot tub etc.