Where to Stay in Edinburgh

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 02:32 PM
Mary-Jo

Where to Stay in Edinburgh

Any suggestions for hotel/b&b close to the centre of town. Looking to pay $100 - $125 USD per room, per night. Thanks for the help.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Sheila

The Scotsman, the Point, the Crowne Plaza, the Apex Grassmarket

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:57 PM
steve

I just stayed at the Dunstane House and found it to be comfortable, friendly, good breakfasts (I didn't try their evening meals), clean, etc. with a bit of a walk to the downtown but very "do-able" (especially since you can expect to do alot of walking in Edinburgh). Their website is at:
http://www.dunstane-hotel-edinburgh.co.uk/welcome.html

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:39 PM
kitty

I highly recommend the Castle View Guest House. Do a search and you will find my comments along with other people's on this fine, well located, B&B. Have a lovely time.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:37 AM
local

Recognise that B&B's in UK are not the same as those in the US. Nothing wrong with them at all, but they are basically homely, budget accommodation in the UK, traditionally using the spare bedrooms in a family residence. Typical price range for a B&B in a city centre location would be up to £60 (USD90)per room per night, much cheaper out of town. For USD100 to USD125 you can comfortably get a full service hotel room.