Where to stay in Burgundy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2003, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am hoping that someone can give me info on staying in the Burgundy region of France. I have my eye on a B& B in Nuits-St. Georges and also a place in Puligny-Montrachet. We love the countryside and enjoy red & white wines. Would really appreciate input into which area might be best suited for us. Thanks so much!
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 08:31 AM
ita

we have booked a b&b in Nuit St. Georges for beginning of May-Domaine Loissy. Is this the one you are considering? I can let you know about it on our return if it is not too late
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 08:35 AM

We have booked it as well for early July! it looks lovely!
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 09:03 AM

Diane= we stayed at Chateau de Gilly <BR>here is the info:<BR><BR>Gilly-les-citeaux <BR>Vougeot, 21640<BR>France <BR><BR><BR>Chateau de Gilly - Vougeot - Bourgogne - France <BR><BR>The most luxurious choice(Ch&acirc;teau de Gilly), is eight miles north of Beaune, near Nuits-St.-Georges.<BR>This chateau is part of Relais and Chateau groups- and it is fabulous!!<BR><BR>Make sure you have dinner at the hotel-- it is to die for!!!!
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 09:32 AM

We enjoyed our stay at the Chateau de Messey.<BR>http://www.demessey.com/
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Ita,<BR>The B&amp; B is indeed Domaine de Loisy. We are going Sept 17th so please let me know how you enjoyed your stay. <BR>Thank you!
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 06:24 PM

Have to agree with Bob..we loved Chateau de Messey. Great rooms and wonderful people. And a really lovely location. Also loved Chateau des Poccards, just outside of Macon. This is perfect for touring the Beaujolais area. Domaine Loissy looked lovely but we were staying between these 2 places. Both of these were under $95 a night for larger rooms. I mean really large rooms! Fireplaces sitting areas and breakfasts. The bathrooms at Chateau des Poccards were beautiful and quite large. they have just finished remodeling this place and it is a beauty. Yet, it is very casual. Also has a great pool for the summer. We also stayed at Le Hameau de Barboron in Savigny les Beaune, just outside of Beaune. Pretty place but seemed overpriced for what it offered and in comparison to the other 2 places we stayed.<BR><BR>This is a fantastic area to visit. So many small villages and places to taste wine. Have fun! We did!!
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 04:00 PM

We stayed at Le Montrachet in Puligny-Montrachet last November. It was an enchanting place! I had asked for a king bed, and we ended up booking the largest suite in the place for $185, which was a huge living/dining room with a loft bedroom upstairs. The restaurant was excellent- try the coq au vin. This area is really a white wine area. It was great fun to have a wonderful meal and drink a wine bottled only a few kilometers away. This inn is definitely on our list for another visit when we have more time.
Old May 18th, 2003, 04:50 PM
ita

for Dianne P: we have just returned from our stay with Comtesse de Loissy. Her b&amp;b is in an old, faded but elegant mansion, that has been in her family for a few centuries. We were very satisfied with it. She and her daughter were invaluable with suggestions for places to see. She is a wine expert-the family was in the wine producing business-and will certainly have suggestions for you if that is your interest. When I am recovered from my flight home I will post things we did in Burgundy.
Old May 18th, 2003, 04:54 PM

Ita, I hope your recovery is soon..I will eagerly anticipate your post!
Old May 18th, 2003, 11:34 PM

&quot;La Megene&quot;, a small chateau B&amp;B, opening June 1. See post entitled &quot;Looking for lodging in the Burgundy Region?&quot;
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 05:03 PM
ita

for Diane P: I am interested to hear how you enjoyed your stay at Domaine Comtesse de Loisy.
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

Reply to Ita
We ended up not staying at B&amp;B in Nuit St. Georges. We stayed in a small lovely b&amp;b in Puligny Montrachet called La Chouette. It was fabulous. Brand new and sitting right in the vineyards. I would highly recommed this b&amp;B.
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 09:05 AM
ita

I am interested in the opinions of others who have stayed at Domaine de Loisy. It was my first experience at a B&amp;B in France so I would like to know how it compares.