Where to leave luggage in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2019, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We plan to take a late evening flight out of Rome in November. If we stay in a hotel, there should be luggage storage. But with 5 nights/ 6 days, we'd prefer to rent a flat. Ergo, morning check out - and then what?
We will stay in the Centro storico - likely Navona/ Campo de' Fiori or Spanish steps area. We'll likely take an evening train from Termini to the airport.
I have read that luggage retrieval lines at Termini can be long. Any other suggestions for daytime storage around the station or in the Centro storico? Other advice welcome, too.
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 07:41 AM
J62

there is a private luggage storage place right near Campo de Fiori. see www.stowyourbags.com
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

[QUOTE=J62;16897040]there is a private luggage storage place right near Campo de Fiori. see www.stowyourbags.com

That looks like a very professional operation. I wish it were open later than 7 PM but we could work with this. Thanks.
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 12:35 PM

Some private luggage storage services have a partnership with hotels. There's a group called BagBnB which probably has a service in Rome. The advantage of using a hotel is that it's usually open 24 hours a day. I've never used them, so I can't give an opinion about them.
Old Apr 1st, 2019, 07:42 PM

Almost every airbnb we have stayed in has offered us luggage hold services when we request, so I assume your landlord will help. Besides that, here is a link to the many private services: https://freetoursbyfoot.com/luggage-storage-rome/
Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

I hope the AIr BnB host(s) will be helpful.
I'm looking at several flats and the one I like best is in Via della Frezza, which is in "the Tridente" below Piazza del Popolo and close to the Tomb of Augustus, IE west of the Via del Corso.
It looks like a residential and office neighbourhood. Not sure how many hotels or stand-alone left-luggage operations I will find there.
Thanks for the helpful tips so far. I will follow them up and see what I discover.
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 02:48 AM

If you're staying near Piazza del Popolo, it would probably be more convenient to leave your luggage in or near Termini station, so you don't need to make a hike to get your luggage before leaving.

You don't need to be a guest of the hotel to use the private luggage storage services that have partnerships with a hotel. It's a symbiotic relationship. The hotels usually have a luggage storeroom anyway, and their desk clerk is usually not overly busy, so for a fee they store luggage for BagBnB (or similar) clients.