Search

Luggage storage at Termini, Rome

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2019, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luggage storage at Termini, Rome

Hello,
we will be in Rome for the conference and then will be travelling to Bari, Puglia via train from Termini. I would like to leave one piece of luggage at Termini to pick it up on the way back in 5 days. Our way back will be from Bari to Termini to the airport.
Is there a luggage storage facility at Termini? Is it safe? how much is it per day?
Old Aug 22nd, 2019, 01:57 PM

Yes, there is luggage storage at Termini Station, alongside track 24. They've given the concessione to a service called Kipoint. You can read all about it here:
https://www.romatermini.com/en/servi...l/left-luggage

If I've understood their tariff, and if my arithmetic is correct, it would be €18 for the first 24 hours and €12 for each full 24-hour day thereafter.

I stored luggage at Termini Station in the past, but before Kipoint took it over. As far as I know, it's quite safe. However, I wouldn't leave valuables in any luggage storage facility. I lost something of great sentimental value when I was a university student, at a left luggage facility in Philadelphia.

There are also a lot of private bag storage options in Rome, as in other major cities. I have no experience with any of them.
Old Aug 22nd, 2019, 02:20 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
My only experience of the left luggage office inside Termini was as I used the ladies' room nearby. I was astonished at the length of the line & wondered how long a wait all those people were in for. I imagine the operation is greatly effected by season & time of day, maybe even the operator bvlenci mentions above. My suggestion would be to have a look before you need it or, a better option in my opinion because the time spent retrieving your bags can be more accurately planned for, leave your things at the hotel's own luggage storage. Or check out the private places mentioned. Or pack less & just take it with you.
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 04:21 AM

The line to retrieve luggage can be long in mid- to late afternoon.

If you're going straight to the airport, it would be inconvenient to leave the bag at your hotel, and most hotels wouldn't want to hold it for five days unless you were returning to that hotel.

Some of the private services advertise that they'll pick up a bag at your hotel and deliver it to the airport the day of your departure. However, I would do little research. The TripAdvisor Rome forum has had posta about these services, so you might want to post your question there.
​​

Last edited by bvlenci; Aug 23rd, 2019 at 04:27 AM.
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies. Storing luggage at the hotel is not practical indeed since we will be going to the airport from Termini. I will look into private storage options as suggested
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 01:48 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The left luggage used to be underground level at Termini and the lines then were to show your passport and weigh your bag. I haven't used Kipoint there, but I think that's what I used at Bologna Centrale a couple of years ago. Didn't take long to drop or pick up.
Old Nov 28th, 2019, 01:02 AM

Last week I used a service called Eelway (https://www.eelway.com/en/luggage-st...a/roma-termini). I try to store my luggage in the "official" left-luggage facilities but they were too many people, awfull. So I booked online on Eelway and I stored my bag in a shop 5min walking from Rome Termini. The guy was nice and the place was secure