Reload this Page >

Where to go after rome for 4 days?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 02:10 PM
z

I will be in Rome for 5 days and would like to go somewhere else for 4 days before I fly to london for the remainder of my holiday. My 2 top choices would be either florence or the amalfi coast.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 08:23 PM
huh?

The question?

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:45 AM
Barbara

For a contrast in experiences I would suggest the Amalfi Coast. After five days of city experiences, art, sight-seeing, etc, the Amalfi Coast offers incomparable scenery, a more relaxed pace and charming small towns. Our preference is to stay in Positano, which is centralized, and travel to towns in each direction. At what time of year are you traveling? Are you driving or using another mode of transportation?

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:57 AM
A

I second the vote for Amalfi but also would like to suggest 6 days in Rome - there is SO much to see and do there, then train to Venice for 2-3 days. It's gorgeous and with the Lido and the different little islands to visit you could have an unhurried time between 2 really big, busy cities.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:27 AM
ep

Amalfi - stay in Ravello 2 days, daytrip Positano then stay in Capri 2 days - IF YOU'RE GOING IN GOOD WEATHER. If not, don't miss the chance to discover Florence for 3 days, w/ a daytrip to Lucca

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:36 AM
Grasshopper

I found Sorrento to be the perfect respite after Rome. Many here love Positano, Capri and Ravello but for me they are too small and too tourist focused. Sorrento is a little larger and a real Italian town (albiet with it's share of tourists). The evening "passegiata" was wonderful. It's the perfect base for visits to Pompeii, Capri, and further down the Amalfi Coast. If you choose Sorrento, be sure to pick a hotel with wonderful views of the bay.