Where to go?

Old Apr 27th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to go?

hi, we're an Irish couple, 40 who have just been given an unexpected 7 days off from kids in early July. I'm looking for inspiration for a European trip. We have visited most major cities and i'm dithering between Italy & France (been to both and love both). Tuscany has been mentioned as has Southern France. Alternatively, we could take the ferry and car and drive bwteen 2 countries. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. PS we both love our food and wine so endless driving with a sandwich and bottle of water is not on the agenda!
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 06:24 AM

I don't know where you should go but I can tell you this: the ferry option is not workable. Chances are that it's already fully booked and, if it is not, you simply won't have time to get as far as the south of France unless you like long drives.

Why not start by checking what direct flights are available (mostly Aer Lingus and Ryanair) deleting those destinations that do not appeal to you, and working from there?
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 06:25 AM

If travelling time is included in the 7 daye, I would stay in 1 general area.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 06:27 AM
ira

Hi S,

>Tuscany has been mentioned as has Southern France.

Flip a coin. It doesn't matter.

Old Apr 27th, 2007, 06:30 AM

Don't know what you should do, but if I had the shot in July I might try north of Tuscany - the Piedmont, or maybe the Veneto, with trips up to the mountains, etc.

Alternatively, I'd love to do Scandinavia - recently saw a great Globetrekker program on travel through Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. REally gorgeous country, great people. And close for you!