Where to? Apres Paris

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Percy

Where to? Apres Paris

Have not thought too much about where I will spend a week after Paris until now. Any ideas. I have a 7day window after some business in Paris. Some meetings cancelled so I have a little extra time. It will be mid January so I know it will be cold all over. Any ideas where one can have a great time. Vienna, Prague, Berlin???etc...Have to be back in Paris though a week later to go back out of CDG.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 06:28 PM
sandy

What do you mean by "...have a great time?" What do you like to do? Would you go skiing in the French Alps? Would you go to Venice or Florence or Rome? How about a hop across the English Channel to London or Edinburgh? All of these places are a non-stop flight away from CDG. Go for it.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Rex

Excerpted from a similar recent thread:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=34375759

Paris and what other city?

Author: Kim ([email protected])
Date: 10/26/2002, 02:38 pm

Message: We are going to Europe for 9 days counting travel at the end of April. We are starting in Paris and we were thinking of going to London for the other half of the week. Do you think this is a good "additional" city to go to or should we stay in just Paris? Is there another city close by? We have been to Paris and London but never to Spain or anywhere else around there. Thank you.

====================================

Author: Rex ([email protected])
Date: 10/26/2002, 03:09 pm

what appeals to you? what do you have a special affinity for - - by family background, career, educational exposure, etc?

and

what is easiest and most affordable to get to?

I don't know anything about your interests, except that possibly I can infer that you like URBAN travel (but maybe you have simply never tried Europe travel in its wonderful smaller-town rural areas).

So here are places you can get to easily and cheaply:

Dublin, London, Liverpool and Glasgow (Ryanair, Easyjet or train to London - - though flying is cheaper)

Germany (Nuremberg) and Croatia (EuropeByAir)

Marseille, Nice (several)

Brussels, Cologne or Amsterdam (train)

AND the biggest news of all! (this is worthy of a separate post!)

Rome, Venice, Pisa and Milan - - on www.airlibexpress.com with fares starting as low as 28 euro (taxes included!) one way!

I would recommend that you try the countryside of France (Normandy, the Loire or Burgundy, for example) or Italy (better weather, naturally) - - but of course, you can choose very urban destinations with all these options as well.

Best wishes,

Rex

===================================

and p.s. since this was first posted - - Ryanair now will be ofering service from Paris (BVA) to Milan (Bergamo) early next year.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 03:48 PM
toppers

up

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 02:27 PM
topping

topping for SSS earlier post....