Where oh where has it gone.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted a message about the frustration of posting a reply ..and it has disappeared.<BR><BR>If this is the way the forum is going..not being able to take criticisms about trying 7 times to post . then good bye, it was fun !
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 04:48 PM

Well, I'm beginning to think they've put some sort of filter here that if you say anything negative it bans it from posting. I just posted to one thread and had no problem, but tried to post to this one and it disappeared.<BR>Jody, was your post titled FRUSTRATION or something like that? If so, not only did I see it, but tried to post to it, but it wouldn't accept it. Then about an hour later, your post reappeared with a brand new time as if it had just been posted a few minutes earlier. I don't get it.<BR>I've received a couple of emails back from Fodors about the problems. The last one suggested that it my post didn't work, to just log off, log back on and repost. Yea, fun way to spend an evening -- logging off and on.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 05:31 PM

I too had a post absolutely disappear, and it too had to do with a negative comment about lack of possibilities due to the function of the new site. And, i know the posting mechanism was working because at the same time I posted another rather general question and that one appeared. I think I will do a test and try posting again. Also, unless I didn't go far enough back, all the postings about travel fears due to war from a day or so ago have disappeared. Personally, I think those are more than valid concerns to be expressed on a travel site.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 06:16 PM

All of the threads to which I had contributed have been swiftly deleted. One of the threads regarded McDonalds restaurants in France. The tone of the conversation by all posters was civil. Since much of this forum consists of Q/A about which restaurants are good, how to make reservations, particular dishes served, how much to tip, I don't understand why such a topic is verboten.<BR><BR>While excessive debate on U.S. foreign policy is outside the true scope of this forum, many of the cultural questions about Europe, and how it is different from the U.S. are extremely relevant. If this forum is to be poetntial tourists asking questions such: Do you know a good hotel in X city for less than Y dollars, or the very common: Is there anything worth seeing in city Z, when Z is Paris, London, or Rome.<BR><BR>It reminds me far too much of the high school mentality of cliques, that there is a certain clique that runs the forum and takes delight in enforcing its authority in a capricious manner. If you don't want my posts, I have many better things to occupy myself.<BR><BR>Why not just have the moderator write his/her own posts, praising the forum, and save the rest of us the trouble?<BR>
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 07:15 PM

I also think they've had some software glitches. I had some perfectly ordinary messages &quot;stay 2 nights here, see that castle&quot; type stuff either not post at all or be up one minute and gone the next. This happened to posts this afternoon and evening.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 07:31 PM

I had several completely innocuous posts fail to show up here - I think it's just the new system not working properly.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 07:36 PM

St Cirq.<BR><BR>Yet your post on 'Snonkling' worked fine.