Where is my trip report?

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:09 AM
April

Where is my trip report?

I just spent 40 minutes typing a long wonderful report on our great trip to Italy and clicked to post it but it disappeared. What did I do wrong?

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:10 AM
April

This went fine so I will try again.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Grasshopper

April, What a frustrating experience. I've posted things that didn't show up before as well. I know it's little consolation now but I usually type my trip reports in word and then copy and paste it into the message box.

It could be that you typed too much into the box.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Rex

If you JUST did this, the report MIGHT still be "in the box", if you click "BACK" on your browser enough times.

Crossing my fingers for you...

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Susan

April, Grasshopper, is right. I belive the limit for one post is 500 words, so after typing it into Word, post it in sections so you don't go over that. Post the succeeding sections as replies to your first post so it all stays together.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Betsy

I think Grasshopper is accurate, April: If the report is too long it just disappears when you hit "post my reply." Don't give up! Type it into a word processor file, saving as you go. When it's finished, post (copy and paste from the word processor file) the first paragraph or so and then in the same thread, answer your own post with another paragraph or two until you've posted the whole thing.

I love reading trip reports and hope you'll share yours!

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Vita

It was probaby too long.

Not very useful for you now, but a tip for the future: When I write my post, before I hit 'post my reply,' I select all of the text and copy it (ctrl + c). That way, if I need to repost, all I have to do is paste (ctrl + v).

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 08:34 AM
April

Thanks everyone. I am reposting in installments. I hope you enjoy it. We absolutely loved Italy and every moment we were there.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 09:43 PM
xxx

Glad you made the additional effort.