Where else do you travel?

Nov 7th, 2001, 04:02 PM
Millie

Where else do you travel?

Where else do you travel except Europe and your home country? Those are, of course, wonderful destinations. But just thought it would be interesting to see where people go other than Europe and their home. This is just for fun....

Nov 7th, 2001, 04:08 PM
Karen

Besides Europe and the U.S. (my home country), have also been to China, Egypt and Mexico. And am planning Peru for next year.

Nov 7th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Book Chick

Canada. I have relatives in Montreal & a good pal from college lives in Toronto. If I just want to go over to have dinner at a different restaurant, it's about an hour's drive, but unfortunately the heightened security at the border makes crossing by the bridge seem like an eternity. (I know it's necessary, though & would rather have security too stringent than too lax!)

BC

Nov 7th, 2001, 04:25 PM
Susan

I live in Canada. I've been to Europe a couple of times (we were in Greece and Turkey in Sept, 2000), but we usually go to Mexico. We've also been to Belize and Costa Rica, and I spent time on several of the Caribbean islands years ago. (My favourites were Guadaloupe and Martinique - French but tropical.) My mother-in-law lives in Australia, so we've also been there. But we keep going back to Mexico. First of all, it's a hot weather destination when it's winter here and secondly, there's a lot to see and do there. We've been to a lot of places there (sometimes beach destinations, sometimes cities or towns in the interior - my favourite places) and I still find places I want to visit.

Nov 7th, 2001, 04:46 PM
cdf

Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, St Martin. Jamaica was great, we rented a villa with it's own beach and staff...my babies played all day and at night they stayed with the cook and we went to restaurants and dancing..St Martin-we stayed on the French side and got tanned , went on glass bottomed boats and relaxed by the pool on the beach, Mexico-Las Brisas,Canada is now my favorite, we can drive there, stay in Montreal or Quebec City.It was Montreal this fall, had a perfect time.But-I still long to be in Paris and or England, and spend a few minutes each day planning the next trip there C

Nov 7th, 2001, 06:44 PM
dan woodlief

Have been to several places in China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong ('94), Canada, and the Yucatan.

Nov 7th, 2001, 07:59 PM
Barb

Thailand--Bangkok was a great city to visit, and Phuket offered a truly unique island/resort view of the world--even the Coke signs were in Thai instead of English. Aside from the great beach, and fabulous food, the most memorable experience was riding on the back of an elephant through the rainforest with a guide. My second favorite trip outside of Europe was to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and then to one of the Malaysian islands--Langkawi, where we visited a glass-blowing shop a la Murano. The food was great! Here on this gorgeous island, the hotel was nestled right into the rain forest on the side of a hill sloping down to the ocean. We had great views, but were cautioned by management to be sure and close our sliding terrace doors when out of the room so the monkeys couldn't get in. Great trip!

Nov 7th, 2001, 09:25 PM
melva

We are fairly new to the travelling thing. Up until, four years ago, we were both 'home-bodies' since then, we have been to the Netherlands, and Mexico. And we have a trip planned this Winter to return to the Netherlands, and go to Italy. My friends say, 'Why keep going to the same place?' When I like a place...

Nov 8th, 2001, 02:39 AM
Rhonda

From Australia our destinations are, of course, slightly different. Other than Europe & UK, other O/S destinations we have been to are Bali & Lombok in Indonesia and Singapore. Would love to experience some of Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand. My husband did go to the US on business a few years back.

Nov 8th, 2001, 03:37 AM
Andrea

I'm an American living in China, so in addition to traveling in Asia (Philipines, Hong Kong, Thailand, Cambodia, etc.), we travel around (a bit) in China.

Next on our list is Egypt (although we're putting that one on hold for a while), Peru, and the Amazon. Since it's so far to South America, we'll probably intersperse a few more European destinations in between.

Right now, we're in our late 20's/early 30's, with no kids, so we're traveling around to see the world, not repeating destinations too much, and trying to see our Top Global Destinations.

Nov 8th, 2001, 03:49 AM
Elina

I live in Europe and travel most frequently in Europe. But I try to make at least one or two trips every year also outside Europe. Usually it is South-East Asia (Thailand, Malesia, Kambodza, and next time Laos). I have also been to Egypt, Morocco an Tunisia (3 times). And USA, Cuba and Costa Rica.

Melva said that she is returning to Netherlands. I agree with her "When I like the place" -statement. I have two places in Europe I have been almost 10 times, all because I happen to like those places. They are Crete and Madeira, both places just to go and enjoy and relax for a week.

Nov 8th, 2001, 04:16 AM
Maribel

When I was younger I used to travel often to Mexico, Central and South America.
Have friends whom I've visited in Guatemala and Mexico City, I loved colonial Mexico (Guadalajara, Guanajuato, Morelia in Michoacan, Paztcuaro, San Miguel Allende),have been to most of the Mexican resorts, Cartagena, Colombia, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, am trying to find time to get to Ecuador/Peru, but my dream trip would be a month exploring Chile/Argentina, especially Patagonia. So many wonders to see, so little time...

Nov 8th, 2001, 07:54 AM
Joanne

We used to go to Mexico often. PV and Mazatlan for long weekends. Also were pleasantly surprised with Cancun, thought we wouldn't like it but we did. We are very interested in the Mayan civilization and have visited many sites. Love the Yucatan (naturally the furthest away from where we live).

Have been to quite a few Caribbean islands. Particularly liked Barbados and Antigua.

Wanted to go to Singapore a couple years ago, but couldn't find an airfare and hotel within our budget. Maybe someday. Would also like to visit Hong Kong and perhaps Thailand.

j

Nov 8th, 2001, 08:24 AM
Myriam

Well, I live in Europe and have seen most West-European countries. We've also been a few times to the Dominican Republic, to Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Egypt, Israel, Tunisia, Senegal and Kenya ... The last one being my favourite, I would leave in a minute if I only could.