Where do you find Pariscope?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many of you refer to Pariscope; where do you get a copy? I thought I'd read here to pick it up at newsstands but never did see one. Do they have a copy online as well?
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 03:50 PM

I always buy mine at the newspaper kiosk on Place Ecole Militaire, but I've seen them at similar newsstands all over Paris.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 03:51 PM

Do you mean where can you get it outside of Paris? In Paris you can pick it up at any newspaper shop (Presse) and it's published every Wednesday covering the following week.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:15 PM

Any newstand (or news kiosque) in Paris will have that. If it isn't on display, ask, sometimes they keep them in back where the guy is standing. Sometimes they run out early and there may not be any left after the first few days (it comes out on Wednesdays). It's a small TV Guide-size booklet, maybe you didn't notice it. They are not online anymore, but used to be.

There are two other publications that probably work just as well (except Pariscope has a small nice English-language section of recommendations for Pick of the Week) -- I usually buy l'Officiel des Spectacles myself, and there is a new one that begins with a Z (Zurban?) that is a lot more expensive but I think is aimed at a younger audience and maybe has more stuff about going out at night. Pariscope also has a film review section, although I don't agree with most of the reviewers, anyway. I like Officiel because it has TV listings and Pariscope doesn't. It's a little cheaper, also, but not much.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:48 PM

They often keep Pariscope behind the counter to stop people coming in, looking up the cinema times that they need, and then leaving without buying it, so you'll probably have to ask for it. It's smaller than a normal magazine - about half the size.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 11:01 PM

I *know* I used to be able to look at it online, but trying both the Pariscope.fr and Pariscope.com web sites gives me nothing but the "masthead" (the list of staff and publisher addresses and phone numbers). As noted, every newsstand carries it. Your hotel may also have a copy on hand for guest reference.