Search

Where am I?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where am I?

I read the posts on Fodors all the time and LOVE the info I get. Couldn't live without it!!! 1st time trip to London in mid-July with hubby and two daughters, 16 & 19. They love to be close to the "action", ie Times Sq.! Will have to get two rooms, and want to stay in centralized area of attractions as well as close to shopping, cafes, and esp. transit. Can anyone give me info on the following hotels: Millenium Gloucester & Radisson Edwardian in Kensington; Cumberland Hotel in Mayfair; Thistle Charing Cross close to Trafalgar Sq. We want a nice hotel that gives us the "feel" of London but with all niceties, i.e TV, full bathroom, a room bigger than a closet(!). How do these stack up? Any other suggestions would be helpful, too. Want to keep around $200 USD per room if possible. Thanks so much!
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 04:48 PM

ttt for london experts
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 04:59 PM

Hi
If you are considering staying in Mayfair, I will throw another hotel into the works..the Washington on Curzon Street..
http://tinyurl.com/zw6w4
We loved this hotel, it is right across the street from Shepherd Market, close to everything, a lovely neighborhood and a nice posh hotel...with one of the best Breakfast buffets I have seen in London
The Cumberland seems to be a bit on the "cold" side in decorating, the Washington is sort of Art Deco and just gorgeous.
Not sure of prices anymore though..we stayed in apts after that..which might be a great idea for you with the 2 girls..
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 05:54 PM

topping / double threads
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 06:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
ttt