When to reserve Rome walking tours?

Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

When to reserve Rome walking tours?

Is it necessary to make reservations ahead for the tours given by either Rome Walks or Enjoy Rome or can it be done once we arrive in Rome?
Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:31 PM

I'm going to Rome in a few weeks and already made my Enjoy Rome reservations just in case. You can email them from their website, and they're quick to respond w/ the tour schedule. You don't have to pay until you pick up the tickets, but at least it will hold your spot. Not sure if they usually sell out, but I didn't want to take any chances.
Sep 29th, 2003, 07:12 AM

First of all, I'm very grateful to have learned it is necessary to make reservations for certain museums/tours in Rome before leaving home (US). I wrote Enjoy Rome on last Friday and have not heard back (I seem to have continuous trouble in this regard)....wonder if it is blackout related? Just curious. . . and thanks to all for this really great site! So much info I wouldn't have had elsewise and even some true belly laughs. . .(Freaky Friday posts)!
Sep 29th, 2003, 08:08 AM
jmp

I have booked my Scala Reale tours already - (we leave in two weeks!!!!!!)

nnrobnz - What museum reservations did you make so far? I am thinking about the Borghese, but am not sure if we will have enough time.

thanks
Sep 29th, 2003, 08:45 AM

I made my Enjoy Rome reservations 2 weeks in advance with no trouble. They emailed me right back, BTW. nnrobnz-- you may want to email them again.

Deb
Sep 29th, 2003, 09:35 AM

Just back from Rome yesterday. I booked Roman Odyssey tours 2 weeks before our trip. We had a 2.5 hour tour of the ancient city including the colosseum and the Roman forum. Our guide was Rahoul (sp?) who's english was fantastic, and he had many historical tidbits and funny stories to keep us enthralled! Highly recommend!
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:37 AM

We will be in Rome October 24 until the 27.

After much research we decided to do the night tour with Enjoy Rome and Acient Rome and the Vatican with Rome Walks.....Enjoy Rome can have up to 25 people...Rome Walks is up to 14 people but in October is more like 4 people.

I exchanged several emails with both companies as well as with Roman Odyssey

I really was shooting for Scala Real but their schedules did not work for us.

I like the fact that Rome Walks tour are early in the morning, leaving the afternoons to explore!

Good luck

Alba
Sep 29th, 2003, 11:32 AM

I'll be in Tuscany for a week before arriving in Rome on Oct. 25. I have emailed again to Enjoy Rome (this AM); no response yet. I was trying to do a sunset tour on the day I arrive but after checking Rome Walks, not sure if the schedule changes as we move out of high season. I'm hoping for Sat. Oct. 25 for the sunset tour & I'd like to reserve Sun at the Borghese Gallery....
so skymcc, when you say they are quick to respond - whatamIdoinwrong???
Sep 29th, 2003, 12:04 PM

I just booked the bike tour from Enjoy Rome yesterday but you still have to go the office the day before to pay for the tour. They did respond through email, usually the next day.
Sep 29th, 2003, 02:24 PM

I forgot to mention that we had only 9 people on our tour!!
Sep 29th, 2003, 02:38 PM

Strange...I really did get a quick response. Here's an excerpt from the reply I received from my request for Oct tours. At least you can look at their schedule to see what tour would fit into yours...

"tours schedule in October:

We have the Ancient and Old Rome at 2pm Mon-Sat and at 11am on Sun.
The Night tour is at 6:30-6:45 pm Mon-Sat.
The Vatican is at 12pm Mon-Fri and 9:30am on Sat.
The Trastevere is at 5pm on Wed, Fri, and Sun. The tour of the Catacombs and Roman Country side is every Saturday at 11am. The Food, Wine and Caravaggio tour starts every Thursday at 5 PM."
Sep 29th, 2003, 04:59 PM

Still have not heard from Enjoy Rome - question for abqdeb whose info always seems relevant and helpful.....are you in Albuquerque. I am in S.F. - found this interesting.