Reload this Page >

When does it get Dark?

Search

When does it get Dark?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Lynette

When does it get Dark?

I will be traveling in Italy,Austria and Switzerland by train in mid May. Would like to see views but not spend all my days on the train. Can anyone tell me what time it starts to get dark out? Thanks

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Ursula

Lynette: Now with the daylight savings time starting this Sunday and depending on the weather, it gets dark between 9.00 pm and 9.30 pm in mid-May.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:40 AM
whensun

When the sun is no longer in the sky!

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:42 AM
pedro

usually in late afternoon. I've heard about some special arrangements for tourists, but not sure about details.<BR><BR>

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Annie

Do Austria and Switzerland switch to daylight savings time the same day as the U.S.? I know there are other countries in Europe that do not.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:50 AM
Come On Lynette

Please tell me what time do I go to bed? How do I brush my teeth? How do I wash the soap from my hair.......

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Rex

&lt;&lt;How do I wash the soap from my hair?&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>In the bidet, silly goose.<BR><BR>Oh... you meant the hair on your head!?<BR><BR>Sorry...<BR><BR>but...<BR><BR>Best wishes, anyway...<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 07:17 AM
cant

Where is this "it"?

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Lynette

Thanks Ursla for the info. For the rest of you, I'm sorry but where I live it gets dark early or late in the evening and it's hours difference in times depending on the time of the year. I would hate to take a train through the Swiss Alps and not be able to see. Sorry if my question offended you.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 08:47 AM
xxx

try this website, click on the city, click full list if you want more cities and it lists sunrise/sunset info for future dates<BR><BR>http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/<BR><BR>Don't let the know-it-alls get to you

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Lynette

Thanks for the great info!

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Lynn

Cool website, great for vacation planning. Thanks to the posters that contribute useful info to the board. Lynette, don't let those that have no life stop you from asking questions, I wouldn't have gotten this website if you had not asked!

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Rex

More info on sunrise, sunset, equinoxes and the like.<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1336286<BR><BR>and topped for you...<BR>

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 10:43 AM
rex

Rex is having a split personality day-first he is a wise ass- then he gives a link to be helpful-what gives Rex? just the need to post, no matter what??

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 11:21 AM
sandra

Split personality or not, at least Rex consistently uses his real name/e-mail address, even when he's being a wise-ass--rather than hide behind a cloak of anonymity, like other wise-asses on this forum who are quick to attack at the first chance they get. Besides I think Rex was being a wise ass in response to the OTHER wise ass who posted some sarcastic remark about washing his/her hair, and not in response to Lynette's legitimate question...<BR><BR>Sorry I don't usually get into these discussions but I could not resist this one...slow day at work for me

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Whoa

Sandra: Are you honestly defending the first post Rex made on this thread where he made a disgusting remark about bidets and shampooing as being just "a response to another wise ass?" It was disgusting and, if that was really Rex (and I'm not convinced it was), he's gone from being merely overbearing to smutty.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 11:55 AM
why

Why do so many people get absolutey HYSTERICAL about defending some other poster? Can't that person do their own defending if they personally feel it is necessary? I am sure REX can take care of himself on a website.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Jekyll... No! Hyde!

topping<BR>