Search

what to Do 4 days in Prague & 1 Day In Austria

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2016, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what to Do 4 days in Prague & 1 Day In Austria

Dear Friends,
I am landing on 2nd december in Prague i am there for 4 Days can u Pls suggest what to do? how to explore the city.?
and for a day i am going to austria pls suggest me.
Old Nov 3rd, 2016, 12:35 PM

For Prague, I'd suggest:
the castle complex, that includes the castle, a cathedral, an art gallery, plus a couple other buildings and will take at least a half day. You can also go to Loreto Chapel/treasury up there if you wish

Old Town square, including St Mary's church, nearby Municipal House and Powder Gate; you can add on the Jewish Quarter with a couple synagogues (Spanish is really nice), and the old cemetery, there is St Agnes convent nearby for medieval art

Wenceslas Square, and nearby Mucha art museum, or natural history museum if you like that

Mala Strana quarter at the bottom of the hill below the castle, including Franz Kafka museum (I loved that)

You'll see and walk across the Charles bridge no doubt during this sightseeing.

Those are probably the highlights, If you have some particular interest or disinterest, that would guide you. I also especially liked the modern art museum in Veletrzni Palace. http://www.ngprague.cz/
Old Nov 3rd, 2016, 04:57 PM

What town in Austria are you going to? Without kowing the rest of your trip and where you go from there - never mind your interests - who can we help you pick what to do in Austria?

Have you read any guide books - that or some online research of the sights in each city as well as buying a decent map of each - is the first step in deciding what to do/see?
Old Nov 4th, 2016, 07:02 AM

Day trip from Prague to Austria:
you may fly for around 750 EUR from Prague to Vienna and back (leave your hotel at 5am and be back at 10pm). That would give you about 9 hrs for a (too) short visit of Vienna. But frankly: Vienna deserves more than that!
Old Nov 4th, 2016, 08:15 AM

During our trip to Prague this spring, we enjoyed the bus tour of the city. Picked it up on the Old Town Square. It helped develop our "mental map" of the city. We didn't go on the boat tours, but they looked interesting. I spent hours walking around Old Town.