What the Seventh Offers

Jan 5th, 2005, 02:01 PM
pariswasfab

What the Seventh Offers

These gems were in fine splendor recently, for people who don't ofetn visit Paris and are perhaps unaware of the special places to dine there: Au Petit tonneau, rue Surcouf; Bistrot le P'tit Troquet, de l"Exposition; Le Bistrot de Breteuil, place of the sanme name; Le Petit Nicois, rue Amelie; and if one goes next door to the 6th, Le petit Saint-Benoit, rue St.-Benoit. Friends who reside there frequent these restaurants, giving good value at reasonable prices. Enjoy!

Mar 18th, 2005, 11:11 AM

paris-was-fab,

That was so nice of you to share your Paris restaurant scoop!

Yes, BISTROT DE BRETEUIL was on my list of must-dines. I hope they take reservations. (If I'm not mistaken, they have nice outdoor seating with a view of Tour Eiffel?)

Cheers,
Betty
Mar 18th, 2005, 05:22 PM

Betty,
Bistro de Breteuil does indeed take reservations, as I made one. Looking forward to eating there.

http://www.bistro-et-cie.fr/

Pariswasfab,
Do you remember some of the things that were on the menu of Le Petit Saint Benoît? I've been looking for a menu online, but haven't seen one. For example, do you remember if there was a chicken or fish dish? Thanks!

Sandy
Mar 18th, 2005, 06:17 PM

Sandy,

Thanks for the tip!
Mar 18th, 2005, 06:50 PM

We have been going to the Petit Benoit for years and have always liked it. It is a warm homey neighborhood sort of place.
We had dinner last week at the Petit Nicoise, which was nice but not really anything to write home about. And while most restaurants in the area were busy- they were not.
Le Petit Troquet was closed more than one night last week, we ended up going to the Italian place a couple of doors down.
But you are right, the prices were right.
Mar 18th, 2005, 06:51 PM

sandypaws,
Petit Benoit always has a chicken dish and I usually get it
As well as soft oozing cheese after (sighing and wishing I were still there)
Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:55 PM

I have to say, skip Le P'tit Troquet - it's cheap, but the food is completely tasteless, which there is just no excuse for in Paris. I do have to say the owner is lovely and pleasant, but the food was truly awful. I had dry salmon that had no taste, they came with a side of plain noodle, the most disappointing green salad that I have ever had in Paris and creme brulee that was even bland!