what should we pack?

Jun 17th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

what should we pack?

My husband & I are in the final countdown for our lst trip to Spain (leaving next week). We will be staying in Marbella for 7 nights, & 1 night each in Rhonda, Granada & Madrid. What type of clothing should we be packing - I understand that shorts and tank tops are not acceptable when sightseeing Cathedrals. Are capris and sleeveless tops OK for daytime sightseeing for women? Can men wear shorts. Or do men need to wear long pants during the day and night? Also, what is the proper attire for dinner? Thanks
Jun 17th, 2007, 12:59 PM

Men or women can wear shorts all day long (except visiting Cathedrals and other important churches). Dinner attire depends on the restaurants you go..if they are casual then you can dress whatever you like, if they are upscale then long pants for men are needed, and no jeans or sneakers
Jun 17th, 2007, 01:00 PM

Forgot to tell sleeveless tops are OK if they cover the shoulders..but to be sure, a short sleeve (like a t-shirt) is better
Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:36 PM

Went to Spain last Sept. I loved Spain! Even more than Italy. Wore capris, tank tops and skirts (at the knee) everywhere. If you didn't know any better, you'd think you were in Calif by the way people dressed in Spain. Very casual. We even went into Cathedrals with tank tops on. Spainish women didn't wear shorts in the city. Ronda is beautiful, but since it is in the mountains it can get cool at night. Take a sweater. You'll like Spain. The people were very nice. My friend's husband wore shorts a couple of days, but no one seemed to mind. It's very hot there so everyone dresses for the weather.
Jun 23rd, 2007, 04:52 AM

I have some knee length gouchos. Do you think those would be frowned on in Cathedrals. Or since they are dressier than shorts that they are okay?
Jun 23rd, 2007, 06:12 AM

People dress up like crazy to go out at night in Madrid. If you don't plan to go out to a nice restaurant or club, you don't have to worry about it.

Ronda is a small town, full of tourists. Marbella is the English Riviera. Wear whatever you want.
Jun 23rd, 2007, 06:02 PM

the goucho pants would be fine