Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What 's your summer travel plan this year?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:46 PM
Judy

<BR>Summer is just around the corner(hopefully; it is only 2 degree C outside at the moment!). What's is your travel plan for this year? How did you decide where to go?How far have you prepared?<BR><BR>To all of you living for travel,let's hear it!

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:01 PM
Rex

No specific travel this summer, for personal reasons.<BR><BR>But still interested in a Fodorites' trip for October (or September?) again this fall - - any interest, Judy?<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:09 PM
richardab

I just got back from Paris and I am hungry for more Europe. I am thinking about Vienna because I've been to all the major cities (some as may as 5 times!).

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:49 PM
ja

Jasper National Park in June.

Old May 1st, 2002, 08:22 PM
mark

An older thread asked about one's travel plans for this year. My aspirations: Feb - Oaxaca; May - Prague & Dubrovnik; October - Seville / Granada. <BR><BR>Didn't make it to Oaxaca.<BR>Have tickets to Dubrovnik in September and Prague in October.<BR>Still trying to arrange a trip with a friend to Ibiza for the beginning of July. Might try flying to Palma or Barcelona then taking a ferry to Ibiza. Tickets from NYC to Ibiza are starting at around $1200 - yikes. <BR><BR>Next year tentatively - Oaxaca in February; St. Petersburg in June; Istanbul in October. Would love to squeeze in Budapest again but....<BR><BR>

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:24 AM
xxxx

Only Rex could post an answer to a question asking what travel plans you have to tell us he has none. Why not just skip over this post, Rex, or is that too difficult for you to do? Terrified of not having your name on every single post?

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:33 AM
Ellen

Got tired of wondering what would happen to trans-Atlantic airfares, so this year it will be New England and NYC for us.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:45 AM
amy

I usually don't travel to Europe during the high season, I prefer the shoulder- or off-seasons. So I'm planning Florence/Venice for either October or March.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:47 AM
jj

2 weeks in France in June w/hubby, 3 kids, 2 sisters, 2 brothers-in-law, 1 niece, and niece's boyfriend. Never been to France, but really looking forward to it!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:08 AM
Jay

Oh, xxxx, take a deep breath and count to ten and relax. Why is it always necessary to pick on Rex?<BR><BR>Did you notice you responded and didn't give your summer travel plans either?<BR><BR>My plans - Italy and France at the start of the summer and then I will enjoy my own area for the rest of it.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:14 AM
bobbie

In two weeks going to Willamstown, Mass to drop my son and his friend at the beginning of the Long Trail then Kennebunk Beach, Maine in August and hopefully Paris in October. Might squeeze in along weekend in Sept. in London.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:18 AM
Dawn

Italy (Milan, Camogli, Florence, Rome, Positano and Naples) at the end of May.<BR><BR>Australia (Sydney, Great Barrier Reef, Daintree, Port Douglas, Darwin, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Kangaroo Island)for a month beginning in early August.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:24 AM
Travis

Leaving for Amsterdam in 22 days for five nights, then taking a train to Paris for five more. Just started planning a little over a month ago, and have had no problems. I am not satisfied with my hotel in Paris yet, it will do, I just want something more..!! I don't know what I want, but hopefully I'll find it. Cannot wait, I love Europe, and would move there in a heart beat!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:32 AM
Victoria

Germany later this month (part business, mostly vacation; very well planned), family vacation in August in Harbor Springs, MI(needed pleasant place away from hot, steamy DC in the summer; little planning-rented beach house, that's about all). <BR><BR>Christmas in Arizona, then leaving the children with the grandparents for two weeks in Asia. Who knows what spring 2003 will bring!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:39 AM
frenchy

New York City for me. Lived there from end of '97 to the end of '99 and cannot get enough of it!<BR><BR>Side-note for American friends: July and August are the off season in Paris. Great period to visit, especially August when the Parisians are all on vacations: you will have the city to yourself... provided you can live without A/C.<BR><BR>

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:39 AM
Trish

Las Vegas in June for 5 nights (never been there and its free), 3 weeks in Nova Scotia (visit family) in July and Greece the end of August for 3 weeks plus 2 days in Paris on the way home.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:53 AM
Millie

12 day baltic cruise followed by 4 days in London. Can't wait.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:41 AM
John G

Hi, Judy!!<BR><BR>I am in London right now working on a project for my employer. I will be here until Sunday.<BR><BR>I do plan on taking a 9-day trip to Krakow, Poland in August. I was planning on traveling to Sarlat, France, this summer, but all my friends told me it would be too overrun with tourists.<BR><BR>I am desperately trying to arrange time off from my job for a trip to Vietnam in December. I need at least 22 days, and I don't know if I can finagle it. Hopefully, I can pull it off. <BR><BR>Have a nice day!!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:50 AM
EU

Azores islands. I have always wanted to go there, and now I am finally going. Plus then couple of weekend trips to European towns. Maybe Vilnius and Prague.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:53 AM
Mr. Go

Switerland and Italy in August.<BR><BR>Mrs. Go and myself will bring our 9-year-old with us to Europe for the third year in a row. We'll be staying at the following bases:<BR><BR>Hotel des Alpes, Lucerne<BR>Gletschergarten Hotel, Grindelwald<BR>Hotel Bella Vista, Menaggio<BR><BR>Plenty of day trips are planned, and as always this will be a 3-camera shoot. I'm already torqued up about this trip, and have done plenty of homework.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -