What's Happening in November 2003

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be traveling to England and based in Bristol Nov 5-17. What events, festivals, etc are happening at that time in Bristol or nearby cities or even London and thereabouts? I would like to plan a special weekend myself and friend. We're in our early 50's but are open to anything. I've been trying to find a site that would have a listing of such info, but so far no luck. Help please. Thank you very much.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 01:24 AM

Try<BR><BR>http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/attractions/index.shtml?rid=18&amp;ndd=<BR>http://www.touchbath.com/events/<BR>http://www.thisisbristol.com<BR><BR>Not many events get publicised this far in advance. You could post on the BBC's local message board to ask for information and advice.<BR>www,bbc.co.uk/bristol/messageboard.shtml (you will need to register)<BR><BR>November is not the most exciting time in Britain (all hunkering down for Christmas and the winter). <BR><BR>You will probably find fireworks going off from parties all round you as you arrive: relax, it won't be personal. November 5th is Bonfire Night, with bonfires and fireworks. Since it's a Wednesday this year, the major public displays might be the previous weekend or there might be some the following weekend. <BR><BR>In London, the second Saturday in November is the formal inauguration of the coming year's Lord Mayor of the (mediaeval) City, with a parade in the morning and a fireworks display in the late afternoon, but I'm not sure it's worth a special trip.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 03:12 AM

Well apart from my birthday on the 9th....<BR><BR>The beginning of November has the Armistice/Rememberence ceremonies, which will have a special resonance this year.<BR><BR>It is a quiet time of year in England.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 03:57 AM

agree with the others, November is my unfavourite month in Europe. If you like the horse racing or want a good crowd atmosphere, Cheltenham has a 3 day jumping meeting on Thursday Friday Sat (13th - 15th?). Easy enough to get there from Bristol and Cheltenham is always popular. Pretty town in its own right, so worthwhile going just to have a look around.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 05:22 AM

I don't know how accurate it is, but try this website:<BR>http://www.whatsonwhen.com/pages/europe.jml
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:52 AM

If you're still looking for things to do when you're in Bristol you could try looking in Venue Magazine, the what's on guide for Bristol and Bath. They have a website at www.venue.co.uk, but it doesn't contain much apart from restaurant/pub listings.