Search

MB GTG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2006, 04:15 PM
iceeu2

MB GTG

Are you guys gonna come up with a date or just wait until you are sure we can't come down?

Old Jul 10th, 2006, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With our schedules, the soonest we can get down there would be November -- either the weekends of the 11th or 18th. Then, probably New Years weekend.

Don't hold the big party up for us.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 05:21 PM
iceeu2

Come on the 18th of November and we will celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary with everyone on the, what else, 19th!!!!!!!!!!

And, they said it wouldn't last! Add em all together and it's a long long time!

i'2

Old Jul 10th, 2006, 05:29 PM

19 years? It should be one heck of a party. I'm penciled in.
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 06:00 AM

Can't do it weekend of November 11. I'll be dining on Gatorade and energy gels during the Outer Banks Marathon on November 12. Yumm! ;-)

But the weekend of Nov 18 works for me (either Saturday or Sunday).

Let's see what Go Travel and everyone else interested think.
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 06:30 AM
GoTravel

November 18th works for me!

We could do the oyster roast at Huntington Beach State Park. We'd just have to kinda be low key with the beer since it is a state park (solo cup anyone??).

It is a fantastic outdoor venue for an oyster roast.

Mr.GoTravel and I could get the oysters (back of the truck) and reserve the picnic area.

What do y'all think?

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 09:52 AM

I'm in (and I am sure Mrs BD will be too once I tell her)!

That sounds like a great idea GoTravel. That beach park is so beautiful.

Budman, perhaps we can call Liberty and set up a direct supply line of their stout for you? I mean, with live satellite feeds and such, the technology is bound to exist, right?
;-)
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 09:57 AM

If I'm not headed to NYC for a Thanksgiving trip I'd love to come. Can't wait for the famous oyster roast!
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 10:05 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
I guess this means Myrtle Beach and not Miami Beach, Manhattan Beach, Manzanita Beach or Mission Beach?
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 10:14 AM

Hey, GoT. Is the Holiday Inn Express Murrell's Inlet fairly decent? I'm going to combine this with a work trip.
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 10:43 AM

The weekend of Nov. 18th works for us. Count two more for the Huntington Beach Sate Park venue. Great state park choice. Kathy
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 10:50 AM
GoTravel

starrsville, the Hampton Inn Pawleys Island is a much prettier venue but the Murrells Inlet Holiday Inn isn't bad at all. In fact, all the PGA Senior Tour players stayed there a couple of years ago (Tom Watson, Gary McCord, Fred Funk etc).

If November 18th is a go, I'll call now and reserve a picnic shelter.

What does everyone think, should I reserve off the beach? It could be windy and quite chilly. Or it could be 78 degrees and sunny.

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 10:51 AM
GoTravel

Chuck, I think Liberty sells mini kegs if I'm not mistaken. If not, I'm thinking you can purchase to take off premise.

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 10:52 AM
GoTravel

Another thought, anyone up for a tour of Atalya Castle?

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 10:55 AM

Look what you started iceeu2??? You start yelling at us, and bingo! -- a plan comes together.

Beach Dweller is going to set up the beer lines, GoT is bringing the oysters (who's shucking?), Kathy & ville will provide the entertainment >< , and I'll bring several bottles of my 2001 Sav Blanc.

iceeu2, you can just celebrate.

Gardyloo, and you too???
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 11:04 AM
GoTravel

Budman, I'll give you my famous oyster shucking tips (oyster knife, gardening glove in other hand, twist knife at oyster 'knuckle')

Be forwarned, we'll be eating clusters!

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 11:33 AM
iceeu2

Budman's a sissy!!!! Nani nani boo boo! Wants someone to shuck his oysters for him! You better learn to shuck fast cause thems some mighty fine eatin, sir. The marathons will be over for bd and gt, so I know they will be heavy into the oysters and will just show you once!

How will we do this? Someone figure out the cost pp and let us know what to send and to whom?

Count us in! Just tell me what to bring and when to be there.

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 11:54 AM
GoTravel

HA! Nanni nanni boo boo!

Told you Budman!

Consider the oysters and the park a South Carolina welcome from Mr. & Mrs. GoTravel provided the picnic site is open. I called a little while ago and the park computer is down.

Don't even think about trying to bring all the beer, there isn't enough.

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 12:00 PM

GoT, I think each of the picnic shelters is off the beach, but there is one which is just over the dunes and very close to the beach. It also has a wooden roof for cover. I think there's only one more with a roof then the rest are just picnic tables with no covers. Not sure though. Kathy
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 12:02 PM

I just thought you put them little puppies on the barby and they open all by themselves.

Author: GoTravel
Date: 02/11/2005, 01:23 pm
We buy our oysters from Harrelson's in Murrells Inlet (ask anyone and they'll know where it is). Buy them in clusters by the bushel or half bushel.

Take large yard sized heavy duty trash bags with you to line; the back of your car, back of your truck, or your trunk.

Drive IMMMEDIATELY to the car wash right up the road and dump they oysters in the basket and power wash.

When you get home, leave the oysters outside. This is not an indoor event.

Take two or three sticks of butter and melt.

Mix equal parts catsup and horseradish for cocktail sauce with a squeeze of lemon.

Purchase oyster knives and several pair of cheap garden gloves per person. After you start opening oysters you'll know why.

Throw oysters on grill and cover with wet towel (don't snuff coals) that has been completely wrung out.

When they start to sizzle and crack open, they are done.

Take them off the grill with tongs and put on newspaper covered table outside.

Attack.

Enjoy.

Drink ice cold beer.

Let me know how they turned out.

One last thing, if you leave them on the grill too long, they will turn into oyster jerky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -