Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is the Paris Museum Pass? Worth it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that Paris Museum pass worth it? I have a student pass? Will be there two days. Will go to louvre, musuem of modern art, versaille, eiffel, and.... what do you suggest?
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 06:47 PM

There is a website for the pass which will tell you how much each museum normally costs to enter and you can work out whether it will be worthwhile for you. The pass is for consecutive days only. You can buy it at the first museum you visit. It does not always allow you to jump the ticket queue which this is impractical (e.g. Tour de Notre Dame).

There are discounts (often free) for students but these may be age restricted. For example, our kids had free entry. It would definitely pay to check. Also some museums are open one day a month for free, although they can be busy.

Also, we found that we visited some places that we may otherwise have not bothered with because we could enter for a short time without feeling that we 'ought' to stay longer. For example, we only visited two rooms at the L'Orangerie (impatient kids outside!) but it was really nice to just be able to do that.
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 07:05 PM

The pass is good for going through alternative entrances at the Louvre and not having to wait in line for the security screening. However, if you do go to Louvre, it is likely to take a whole day. If you buy the 2-day pass you may not be able to get to enough sights and museums to make it worth the price of the pass.
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 12:35 AM

tour eiffel is not included.

the pass is great for first and second trips to paris... i found on my third trip, i didnt need it. if you plan on spending alot of time in museums, i say go for it.

the draw back for me was i found myself doing marathons of several days in a row of museums, and i started to get that "museum haze" going on. pace yourself and enjoy as much of paris as possible!

~Jay
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 03:18 AM

Received 33 Likes on 2 Posts
The big advantage is that the pass allows you to jump to the front of the line. Worth the price just for that, imo.