Reload this Page >

West End Theatre - Dress?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Paul

Hey,<BR>I'll be in London May 29-June5, going to see The Lion King on June 1, what is appropriate attire for both lady and gent? Thanks for any insight.<BR>Paul

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Sue

I wore what I would to theater here in US (nice dress), and my husband wore suit, tie. Would not have been necessary, altho there were many others dressed similarly.

Old May 13th, 2002, 01:17 PM
kitty

Business casual would be appropriate. Nice slacks for women and nice pants/button up shirt for men. Suit and dress would not be necessary but you could certainly wear it if you please. You will see all types from blue jeans for dressy. I always try dress in the middle, nice but not dressy.<BR><BR>Have a great time.

Old May 13th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Lori

Been to the theater dozens of times in London, 5 times last month in fact. Most people are dressed in "business casual attire", however you are apt to see most everything and anything if you look long enough. I wear black slacks,blouse & blazer, husband wears dark pants, shirt, sweater or jacket (we hit a warm spell this April and coats were not necessary). A tie and suit is not necessary for men, altho some do wear them. We also saw a young women in what could only be termed a prom dress and two women in baggy sweats (ugh). The overwhelming majority were dressed nearly in business type clothes tho.

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:58 AM
andrew

Agree with Kitty and Lori that "business casual" is the standard, although if you are going out to a nice meal afterwards (or before) you may want to consider a suit and tie to save having to change. Anyway don't worry too much about it pretty much anything goes

Old May 14th, 2002, 02:00 AM
xxxx

Dress anyway you want. There will be lots of other people dressed exactly the same way whether it be your "Sunday best" or blue jean, a t-shirt and sneakers.