Wengen itenary advise plz...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, are 2 days (2 half and 1 full ) and 2 nights enough for Wengen in begining of sept ?
We are travelling with 2 small children ( 5 and 7 ) so will not be doing much hiking etc.
Just want to enjoy the scenery and relax. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Also, I had addressed this question earlier as well on this board. Does anybody know which accomodation is preferable, Caprice or Alpenrose (more expensive between the two). Thank much
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

hey anyone...
would really appreciate some advise pls.
Thanks
Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 02:48 AM

Hi jloveT, I can't be of much help to you, but wanted to say that I too will be in Wengen for 7 nights the beginning of September. I also plan of just relaxing and enjoying the scenery with some light hiking. If as you say that you only want to enjoy the scenery and relax, I think 2 days would be enough time for Wengen.

I also can't help with Caprice or Alpenrose. Alpenrose is highly recommended on here. When I was making my reservation for Wengen, I was torn between Alpenrose and Hotel Baeren. I ended up booking with Hotel Baeren because it was cheaper than the Alprerose. I would gladly consider staying there on any future trip to Wengen.

Good luck and Happy Travels,
jdc
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 11:39 AM

I cannot comment on the Alpenrose, but have stayed at the Caprice. 4 years ago my wife and I stayed there in early Sept. At the time, Wengen, in general, was very quiet. The Caprice was nice and we had a great view from our balcony. We enjoyed sitting out there eating things we bought from a local bakery and drinking hot chocolate. All we could hear was the wind blowing though the trees and cow bells off in the distance. It was awesome! We did not try the Caprice Restaurant though. We hope to return to the area in 2010, but not sure if we will stay in Wengen this time. May try something different. However, we did like Wengen and the Caprice.
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 04:12 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Two days and two nights should be plenty if you're just there to hang out and enjoy the scenery. You'll get a good taste of Wengen in that time frame. If you plan to take any day trips, such as to the Jungfrau, you might want more time.

Enjoy Wengen - it's beautiful.
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 04:13 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Forgot to mention that I've not stayed at the Alpenrose or Caprice. We like Hotel Belleuve.
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 09:38 PM

Hi jdc26,
May I know how did you book Baeren Hotel? I email them for some inquiries via their official website but there is no reply. I couldn't find any other hotel portal sites host this hotel too. Thanks!
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 11:58 PM

I also stayed at the Bellevue, great meals, and the picture postcard view of the peaks from our window was breathtaking.

Yes - if you want to just sit and soak in the view - two days is good for Wengen. I think we stayed four - and did a day trip down to the the Lauterbrunnen valley and up the cable to the Piz Gloria - which might scare the kids.

We also did the train up to Kleine Scheidegg and it was awesome and probably easier to do with children.

Bon voyage!
Old Jul 31st, 2009, 02:23 AM

Hi akemi:

I contacted them at [email protected]. I remembered emailing them and got a response from them the next day. I also faxed them my credit card to reserve the room at Fax 0041 33 855 15 25 and they emailed me back to confirm that they received it. If you like, you can also call them at 0041 33 855 14 19. I email them at least once a month as a courtsey to confirm my reservation for September and they always respond.

Good luck and hope the above is helpful.

jdc
Old Jul 31st, 2009, 07:55 AM

I also booked Hotel Baeren by email for September. The reviews were good and the price was very good.